Wilmington OH NT Aug3-4

Discussions related to Solo
ke0ki2k

Re: Wilmington OH NT Aug3-4

Post by ke0ki2k »

Marcus and I are planning on attending this NT as well.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Update from Dave
So prior to tonight, we were under the assumption that everything was good with the airport and the FAA, we just needed board approval. I was confident that would go well, and it sure enough did.

Then we find out that the airport is now concerned that the FAA's response stating that the taxiway adjacent to the pad will need to be closed during the event. According to the airport operations manager, this means they'll have to shut the whole airport down. According to Dennis, this means something but we have no idea what. Here is what I do know:

-Howard has dates held at Peru in case this doesn't work out, and he is going to give Peru an answer next Monday, so we'll know for sure then.
-The airport is very aware that we need to know by then, and their attitude and energy has been VERY supportive
-The airport ops manager is currently going up the ladder to an official with the FAA in Cincinnati. I have no idea what's going to happen if the FAA tells them to pound salt. It could be the airport just dealing with shutting down their runways, or they could say, "sorry, no can do." Frustrating that they've had this info since March 11th and are just now bringing it up....
-Cincinnati Region BoD is totally on board and the contract is signed.

The airport is currently working with the FAA on getting a different level of license which would greatly increase their funding, which would greatly increase traffic and jobs there. To do this, in their words, EVERYTHING has to be by the book with I's dotted and T's crossed. If it's not in the best interest of getting that funding, it's not going to happen. That all sounds terrible for us out of context, but they're actually being VERY helpful lately. While it's easy for us to say we're going to bring 400 people in for a weekend, they have to look at the bigger long-term picture of economic impact if they do land this funding. With that explanation from them, it's far easier to understand their concerns with letting us out on the pad, and shifts the frustration away from them and puts it on the FAA...

So, I said everyone will know tonight, but unfortunately I have to push that back to Monday. Overall, the Dave-Gauge of Event Likelihood is still way in the green. Please take that to heart because I've been honest when it's been in the yellow or red.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I call bullshit on the airport ops manager. Towered fields shut down taxiways and even whole runways for maintenance all the time. It would be no problem for the FAA to issue a NOTAM (notice to airman) and close the adjacent taxiways for the weekend.

If this event doesnt happen I'm gonna be a sad panda :( brand new concrete ramp, closer to Knox than Bluhville or Peru, cheap rooms at Holiday Inn Express right next to the site..

DOWN WITH THE FAA!
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Well do we know if this is a go yet?
Bob Colbert
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Dave just posted up that this officially a YES.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

The real question: Is Bob a go for Willmington?
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
steverife

Post by steverife »

TennTechMan wrote:The real question: Is Bob a go for Willmington?
He is on the STS list. :rockon:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

Marc and I are planning on going at this point. He may end up having to work though, in which case I'll either kill him and take the car without him.. or co-drive someone elses car if anyone is interested in a tire warmer.

edited: didnt discuss letting someone else drive the car without Marc. If I brought someone on board it would probably be the cars previous owner, David Marcus, who has expressed interest in driving it again.
Last edited by ke0ki2k on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I am on the list. I will drive. But if I can CO d r with James real cool.Still bringing my car. I would like to place but not on, the bottom. Some set up help would be great on my side. Thanks Bob.
Bob Colbert
flier129

Post by flier129 »

I'm there as long as damn O'Reillys can get my part-time schedule down! lol. I need a different part-time job around here. :(
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
steverife

Post by steverife »

flier129 wrote:I'm there as long as damn O'Reillys can get my part-time schedule down! lol. I need a different part-time job around here. :(
You're out! Bob's seat now!
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
flier129

Post by flier129 »

steverife wrote:
flier129 wrote:I'm there as long as damn O'Reillys can get my part-time schedule down! lol. I need a different part-time job around here. :(
Can't drive my own car? damn.......

I guess I'll drive my dad's 91 in STS.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

steverife wrote:
:lol2:
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Kieran and I will be there. FYI, they will have on-site or slightly off-site camping available. We will have my big trailer with air conditioning.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

The a/c trailer sound s good. not sure on the off site yet.Would you welcome a guest in the trailer? If was on a camping site?
Bob Colbert