Wilmington OH NT Aug3-4

Discussions related to Solo
John Brown

Re: Wilmington OH NT Aug3-4

Post by John Brown »

Marcus.. Mike Snyder could have prolly beat that crew on run flats... seriously??

and the same goes for STC... KK and Rife must have seriously been off their game. But Lahee can be fast on occasion in the past.

Did no big names show for this?? (I didn't read the results)
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
flier129

Post by flier129 »

The got-damn results won't refresh for STR or STX, the biggest classes I was looking forward to. Though Walker could have sat his first run yesterday, same with Pallotta. Michael K. is giving him a run though!
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
steverife

Post by steverife »

John Brown wrote:and the same goes for STC... KK and Rife must have seriously been off their game. But Lahee can be fast on occasion in the past.
Yesterday was weird. Today, we brought our B+ game and still got stomped. We apparently kinda suck. :?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
sentrase

Post by sentrase »

The car was working well. Front tires had 7 runs on them.

Didn't feel that bad about my driving yesterday and I thought I was flying today. Yet got badly beaten by people and cars, I've at minimum, been on par before.

Really don't know WTF happened. It felt like I hadn't autocrossed for several years and everybody else got better/faster in the meanwhile.
Kristo K.
'13 Scion FR-S
STX 53
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

There were not a lot of big names at this one which was too bad. The site is beautiful. Smoothest concrete I've been on - very close to Toledo. Very easy on tires but not quite as grippy (for kart tires, at least) as Blytheville. The way they currently have paddock and grid/course separated is a real pain, but if they can get more real estate approved on the big pad, there's enough space there for paddock, grid, and a 60-70 sec course. They did an excellent job with the logistics and everything I saw ran without a single hitch. Very impressed with their effort. We will definitely be going back there for any two- or four-day event they can get. Wilmington is a much more hospitable town than Blytheville (duh!).

Kieran is still seeking competition in JB - Junior and Trey were not there. He won by 37.7 sec... I gathered up my fast to move up to second with my last run, behind the grandfather of KM, Alan Sheidler. So the two oldest karters took the first two spots.

We left immediately after we got out of impound because kids' school started today. We were back home by 8:00.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
steverife

Post by steverife »

sentrase wrote:The car was working well. Front tires had 7 runs on them.

Didn't feel that bad about my driving yesterday and I thought I was flying today. Yet got badly beaten by people and cars, I've at minimum, been on par before.

Really don't know WTF happened. It felt like I hadn't autocrossed for several years and everybody else got better/faster in the meanwhile.
Yeah, we ran trophy'ish times day 2, but way off Will. Rich Grunenwald was faster than I expected.

I made several small mistakes on my runs (late on the first slalom, locked up the brakes entering a 180 which delayed getting back on the gas) and the car was a little too tight to get on the gas when I wanted in a pair of places, but I'm sure the other folks made mistakes, too. Overall, I felt like I drove well. I felt like a superhero in the transitions. I kept expecting Kristo to do even better in the transitions and not make my mistakes and come in a second plus faster than me. From what I could tell, he looked good on course, but that never happened over the weekend.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

No idea why STR & STX times aren't there, but I ran a 66.0 on my second run. Car felt great on the third run. I got greedy, trying to get under 66, and overdrove the last sweeper leading into that 65mph slalom. I missed the backside of the first cone and was late all the way through it. (66.3) Geoff ran a sub 63 and was on the rev limiter going into and out of the big slalom. I have no idea how fast that is in his car, but it looked really fast. I ended up climbing one spot and finished 9th. (4 trophies)

Saturday wasn't good and there's not much to say. It was cool and overcast and raining so hard, for my third run, that I left my top up, I think. The tires never did get warm. It was frustrating and lead to driving mistakes. Nothing was good about it.

I like Wilmington. It only took me 5 hours and 40 minutes to get there. I made it on one tank of gas. The lot is huge. People were nice to us. I'd go back. The only negatives I can think of would be that paddock and grid are pretty far apart and they need at least one more hotel. A few more port-a-johns maybe. Oh, and that five dollar coupon at Buffalo Wild Wings added 5$! LoL
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S