6/23 Bristol Epilogue

Discussions related to Solo
EliseAutoXr

6/23 Bristol Epilogue

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Big thanks to everyone who worked hard to put on a great event today. The course was awesome, crazy fun. Getting to run laps on the BMS was the icing on the cake. Thanks again!!!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
oldmuscle69

Re: 6/23 Bristol Epilogue

Post by oldmuscle69 »

WOW!!! fast,but a few sections Whoo Hooo!!! great time today. Man to only know my time on the rerun lap I had. It felt like the best one of the day. Just guess stuff happens. Walter seemed in shock I did not have a time.
Bob Colbert
steverife

Post by steverife »

The CRX wasn't being very cooperative today, but that is the best time I've had driving in a long time. Definitely a step in the right direction for me.

The course was an absolute blast, minus the giant pothole and the bumpy section.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

How do we make what happened today, happen more often?

Awesome course layout. Probably as close to a national type course as we'll ever see at an ETR event.

The bumps were a little fun, but made me cringe every time through. I hope someone was out there taking pictures. I'd be interested to see how the different cars were handling that.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

TennTechMan wrote:How do we make what happened today, happen more often?

Awesome course layout. Probably as close to a national type course as we'll ever see at an ETR event.

The bumps were a little fun, but made me cringe every time through. I hope someone was out there taking pictures. I'd be interested to see how the different cars were handling that.
I got shots of the first run group. During the second, I was introducing my dad to autocross and LeMons

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
backpacker6

Post by backpacker6 »

How do we make what happened today, happen more often?

Awesome course layout. Probably as close to a national type course as we'll ever see at an ETR event
I was thinking the same thing.
-Brian Darby

PSTS 8
91 Miata
IsaacMTSU

Post by IsaacMTSU »

It was an awesome track, nice and fast, tons of fun. The bumpy section was crazy but the truck could take it. Everyone said the track laps were pace car led, and I didn't really think it would be that fun. It was one of the coolest things I've done in a car! The CR-Z was right on the edge of grip the whole time and we were doing 80-86mph, so much fun on crap tires!
http://www.ThreeSixDownhill.com
1991 Honda CRX HF (All Original) 68.45 MPG Avg
2011 Honda CR-Z HS
2003 Chevy S-10 Xtreme STX
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Huge thanks to Joey Richardson. I had an awesome time and experienced some good memories....and some bad ones too (understeer and turbo lag) :lol:

What a close finish and trading the lead back and forth was great.

Based on pro results, I have to say I think an 06-07 2.5L WRX could get competitive in STX. Joey's had no power mods (well a catback, but that's negligible), a less than optimal suspension, and a stock alignment. I think we could have made up 2.5 seconds on that course with a prepped car.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I think most everyone in the class is at least nervous about a top driver buiding one of those.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Great event everybody! (Especially JB for building an awesome course Saturday then driving BACK to Knoxville)

Observations:

Big courses are more fun. :rockon:

Steve was in attack mode and drove really really well. I almost forgot how fast he could be...

STX had the best battle I've seen in a long time. Harp by .002

Compared to their WORE OUT RS3's, the NEW Rivals slowed Marcus/James down considerably. :D FACT
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
black16g

Post by black16g »

thrdeye wrote:Huge thanks to Joey Richardson. I had an awesome time and experienced some good memories....and some bad ones too (understeer and turbo lag) :lol:

Based on pro results, I have to say I think an 06-07 2.5L WRX could get competitive in STX. Joey's had no power mods (well a catback, but that's negligible), a less than optimal suspension, and a stock alignment. I think we could have made up 2.5 seconds on that course with a prepped car.
I had a blast as well! I wouldn't have been close to your times had it not been for your input. I still can't believe the .002 difference.
Joey Richardson
flier129

Post by flier129 »

CABoegemann wrote: Compared to their WORE OUT RS3's, the NEW Rivals slowed Marcus/James down considerably. :D FACT
How'd you figure that? I guess that's why two BFG cars didn't come 1-2 in pro? Oh wait...... :lol:

They seem as grippy as RS3s, but are easier to control on the limit. Looking at my only clean runs of the last two events(my 4th run) I cut off the gap to JB by 2/10ths(PAX time) with the BFGs. Seems as though Cathers will be fast either which way haha.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
TedV

Post by TedV »

black16g wrote:
thrdeye wrote:Huge thanks to Joey Richardson. I had an awesome time and experienced some good memories....and some bad ones too (understeer and turbo lag) :lol:

I had a blast as well! I wouldn't have been close to your times had it not been for your input. I still can't believe the .002 difference.
Chris and I did that last time there when I drove his car. Think we ended up with a .02 or .03 difference. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I mean really, any thing with .150 or less of a difference is a virtual tie.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

CABoegemann wrote:Steve was in attack mode and drove really really well. I almost forgot how fast he could be...
Me too!

The car is remarkably rewarding when you get things mostly right.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97