Sad day

Discussions related to Solo
ConeEater

Re: Sad day

Post by ConeEater »

wow, that's a new one to me. In the past, when a car was not classified in a stock class, it would be in "SP", ala ZR1, 997 GT3 ( before it was placed in SS last year or so ) and so on.

Since the car presumably WOULD be a SS car to begin with, not sure how that works.

I'll ask my solo chair as he is on the nationals board.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Jek

Post by Jek »

Congratulations Paul! I had a chance to AutoX a 2009 C6 Z51 two weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see the C7 in person!
David Black
Johnson City, TN
'97 BMW M3 - STU 48
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned...

You're still classed in SS

You're not going to try though this weekend are you? If so... then after my 3 PRO class runs I want a try!

:mrgreen:
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

ConeEater wrote:Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned...

You're not going to try though this weekend are you? If so... then after my 3 PRO class runs I want a try!

Probably not as I doubt I will get enough miles on it. It has about 150 so far and the manual recommends 1500 before any "competitive" event!
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

Jek wrote:Congratulations Paul! I had a chance to AutoX a 2009 C6 Z51 two weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see the C7 in person!
Thanks! My last vette was a 09 Z51 and I think this one is much much better! We will see!
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I'm curious how many cones will be hit this weekend in my car... you're not going to be used to the sticky tires... lol
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Wow, very nice!!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
Jek

Post by Jek »

RxCritical wrote:

Probably not as I doubt I will get enough miles on it. It has about 150 so far and the manual recommends 1500 before any "competitive" event!
I'd be glad to put 1300 miles on it for you before the event if you need :twisted:
David Black
Johnson City, TN
'97 BMW M3 - STU 48
budjrfan

Post by budjrfan »

Jek wrote:
RxCritical wrote:

I'd be glad to put 1300 miles on it for you before the event if you need :twisted:
actually.....i'll be glad to run the dragon & cherohala all weekend and have those miles on it in no time. 8)
Kelly Munsey
scottgib wrote:On a course that Brown and I both ran about 30% in first gear, with one downshift, an Impala had FTD!!!!??? Still on that course, Kelly schooled us.
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

That's what I like about this group.
You guys are always so willing to help out!!!
:D
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
whenry

Post by whenry »

You can run all my "to do's" before the event and probably put enough miles on it. The speed u drive to accomplish the stuff is up to you. However transporting the cones from the Parks and Recs a few at a time should take care of u.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
jaltobelli

Post by jaltobelli »

RxCritical wrote:
Jek wrote:Congratulations Paul! I had a chance to AutoX a 2009 C6 Z51 two weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see the C7 in person!
Thanks! My last vette was a 09 Z51 and I think this one is much much better! We will see!
Paul I picked up an 09 Z51 myself and autocrossing it for the first time this weekend. I'll be on the stock runflat Goodyears so I won't be competitive with your C7. But any recommendations on tire pressures?
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

jaltobelli wrote:
RxCritical wrote:
Paul I picked up an 09 Z51 myself and autocrossing it for the first time this weekend. I'll be on the stock runflat Goodyears so I won't be competitive with your C7. But any recommendations on tire pressures?

PM Sent!
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy