July 21 event

Discussions related to Solo
CaptJordi

Re: July 21 event

Post by CaptJordi »

steverife wrote:We need a sign to put on the trailer that announces novice walk at 10 AM (or whatever). Have the walk while we are sorting run groups, printing worker/grid sheets, etc. That alone will save us time.
Dry erase board maybe? One that includes all information we get asked at registration. Like radio station, tech closure, drivers meeting (which tends to change in time....) novice walk through etc. I don't care to take care of writing all the information in. I usually hang around registration so I can help if someone wants to walk the course.

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
steverife

Post by steverife »

I think that is a great idea.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Novice walk needs to happen before drivers meeting as we start getting cars to grid after the drivers meeting and first car to line as soon as cars are in the grid spot assigned to them and the course workers are in place.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
jpvette

Post by jpvette »

I have some dry erase boards if you decide to go that route. I have 3x5 and 4x6. Freebies,just let me know and I'll make arrangements to deliver.
Jim Lindsey
'02 Z06
integra55

Post by integra55 »

steverife wrote:
We need to run on a tighter ship on where people park, when people start walking course, we need to get the novice walk out of the way at a given time before the meeting. If we do those things, we'll get started when we need to start.

this ^^^^ the grid area tends to get filled up with cars that people just leave there ... newer participants see others leave their cars there and think they can also ... we all need to park in the paddock area (at least those of us that can) makes setting up grid a bit easier
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Apexemall

Post by Apexemall »

Is ETR doing annual techs and accepting annual techs from other regions yet. That might smooth things out a bit.

Sorry not to have been there this year, but I've been going to Atlanta to get beat up in STX. See you all Sunday.

Clyde Stahl
Clyde Stahl
54 C1
69 C10
11 C6
04 WRX