Co-drive for July 21st Event???

Discussions related to Solo
fourwhls

Co-drive for July 21st Event???

Post by fourwhls »

I know this is probably a shot in the dark, but I'll throw it out there.

My family and I will be down in your area on vacation next week. I found this event and would love to come out and join you all for an event. I can't talk my wife into loading the family into the M3 for the trip, and her SUV is not the greatest cone dodger, so I'm in hopes of sweet talking someone into a co-drive. I'd be more than happy to contribute to the cause/tire fund in exchange for the seat time.

I'm definitely not a newbie, and have been doing this for some time. I have run a Miata in pretty much every class that it is eligible for. I co-drove a DSP BMW locally/nationally for 3-4yrs, and this year I'm running an E36 M3 in STU. I'm both an autocross and track instructor and have been for many years, and am comfortable driving pretty much any type of car. I guess my point is that I'm not some idiot kid that is looking for a joy ride.

I would love to pick up a co-drive in a competitive car, but I will be happy with whatever I can get. I'm looking for the experience with a different region, not a trophy. I am a big guy, so fitting into a 15in race seat is not going to happen.

If any of you have a seat available, please let me know. Send me a PM and we can talk about arrangements. If your ever up in the Louisville area, I'd be happy to repay the co-drive in a pretty well prepped STU M3.

Thanks,
Shawn Lambert
KYSCCA
Recent VA transplant that was formerly a regular at ODR, TSCC, and WDCR events.
Shawn
STX Prepped Mazda RX-8

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti
Jek

Re: Co-drive for July 21st Event???

Post by Jek »

You mean there are other M3 STU drivers out there?!?!?!? :)

I don't have a co-driver yet, I'll PM ya! Could be fun to get someone else's opinion on my car who actually has experience in a similar car, heh.
David Black
Johnson City, TN
'97 BMW M3 - STU 48
fourwhls

Re: Co-drive for July 21st Event???

Post by fourwhls »

Thanks David....This should be fun.

I signed up already and I'll see you next weekend.

Shawn
Shawn
STX Prepped Mazda RX-8

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti