Regional #7 Pellissippi Epilogue

Discussions related to Solo
jcox07

Re: Regional #7 Pellissippi Epilogue

Post by jcox07 »

Yeah I hope we can get Bradley and Dave Disney and maybe a couple others to make the jump to pro with me next year and get a big pro class. I just got to get a little more weight off of the nose and I think I will have it the way it needs to be. I cracked the top 5 in pax and that was a big gain for me. Looking forward to the next event.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Yes, good job on the course. The percentage of DNF's on the first run was a lot lower than last time. Of course it helped that I had a navigator with me on my first two runs. Now if I can correct the terminal understeer....

I'm pretty sure that not all of that is me. I'm going to Charlotte Saturday and have stiffened the rear bar by one hole and am going to run a lot more pressure in the front tires and monitor the temperature across them. I'm pretty sure they were rolling over too much, as the one reading I took with my IR thermometer had the center of the tire cooler than the inside or the outside edges with the outside hotter than the inside.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
steverife

Post by steverife »

DeWitt, I noticed that you were getting tunnel vision in the slalom, which led to a huge push through the next turnaround and into the crossover.

I did the same thing.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

John Brown wrote: Its great to see all the different names coming up in pax !!! I think its time for a certain yellow car to come to Pro.. :mrgreen:

I agree on both counts.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

steverife wrote:DeWitt, I noticed that you were getting tunnel vision in the slalom, which led to a huge push through the next turnaround and into the crossover.

I did the same thing.
Yes. The worst thing is that I knew I was doing it in the early runs and I still did it in my last run.

Here's a video of how not to go fast, or at least not fast enough to win: http://youtu.be/mY2tcwNNXYk
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

John Brown wrote:Believe me.. when I laid it out I thought it sucked.. but hey.. I didn't even know I was designing it for that event..I thought I was just gonna throw out cones for Curt.. :?

but when I got it all laid out and walked it the first time..making small changes here and there..I decided..eh,not too bad for a 0 minute design. LOL!

:lol: Whatever. Beers Saturady night must have erased your memory :!:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

Pictures are in the process of uploading. I have the first run group done. The 2nd run group will get finished up tomorrow and posted then!

http://www.pointercone.com/2013Autocros ... ETR-7-PSCC

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
jdpeterson21

Post by jdpeterson21 »

Did anyone happen to pick up a tire gauge with my name on it? It's a black Moroso...probably left it in that island next to the two driver cars in grid.
Jed Peterson