Chilhowee - Solo In The Park 2013

Discussions related to Solo
flier129

Re: Chilhowee - Solo In The Park 2013

Post by flier129 »

Fun event! I'm still working on putting together a run in only 3 runs and still be clean. I had to slow down A LOT to make sure I stayed off the cones to get a clean run. I thoroughly enjoyed driving the cheater supercharged miata, that thing is insane. It just speaks to you in clear english on what the car is going to do and it does what it's told. It kind of gave me an enlightenment on what I needed to do in my car, so I appreciate JB/Lin letting me drive it :)

I only got two videos the whole weekend, James first run of dramatic drifting fury and my 2nd run which I think was dirty.

James: http://youtu.be/LMKLqoy1vTE
Me: http://youtu.be/JgpnQHhz220
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

I think Heather may be a little afraid of the Geo....

Anyone want to add any speech bubbles? LOL!

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
Josh_McCRX

Post by Josh_McCRX »

Had a blast this weekend!

Photos and article will be up on facebook soon! I'll make a thread.
Josh McCoig

1995 Honda Civic Si - STM/SMF 23
2004 Honda Element EX 4WD - Adventurer
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

John Brown wrote:Great job Cathers! Shows you winning pro with a half second slower time than I had...
Event Chair has it's benefits!
Lol! :)
:wink:

I retract my previous hatred of BFG's. Marc decided to crank the rear-rebound way down (10 front, 4 rear) per the suggestion of some wanker who claims to know what he's talking about, and it has messed with the balance of the car badly on asphalt (seemed to work okay at blytheville).

After decreasing the differential (6 front 4 rear) for the greasy conditions sunday, the car was much more agreeable. Does more rear rebound producing a more manageable slip-angle make sense to any of you suspension folks? I just couldnt drive the car as aggressively as I wanted to with the rear shocks neutered (at chilhowee or pellislippi)
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

ke0ki2k wrote:

I retract my previous hatred of BFG's. Marc decided to crank the rear-rebound way down (10 front, 4 rear) per the suggestion of some wanker who claims to know what he's talking about, and it has messed with the balance of the car badly on asphalt (seemed to work okay at blytheville).

After decreasing the differential (6 front 4 rear) for the greasy conditions sunday, the car was much more agreeable. Does more rear rebound producing a more manageable slip-angle make sense to any of you suspension folks? I just couldnt drive the car as aggressively as I wanted to with the rear shocks neutered (at chilhowee or pellislippi)
I run my rear rebound on 0-1...
But.. that's my car. Which has much more feed back.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
flier129

Post by flier129 »

John Brown wrote:
ke0ki2k wrote:

I run my rear rebound on 0-1...
But.. that's my car. Which has much more feed back.
Hah, well I still want some shaved r1rs, especially since it's only going to get cooler out. I can now say that JB's car does have A LOT more feedback, lol.

We started to run into stability issues at Dixie, which was in the red 94' car on rs3s. That was the 2nd event with the different shock settings(large gap between front and rear). We'll be running them like we use to unless we come across some large, consistent, issues. Both of our fastest runs at Blytheville were actually with the shocks set closer together :oops: I'll just chalk that up to another reason real seat-time data will always be better than keyboard engineering, even if it comes from someone who designed said part.(granted I probably didn't give him enough data for him to advise me correctly)
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
TedV

Post by TedV »

James, if I had been able to make it to the event Sunday morning (did anyone else have the stromboli?) I was going to ask about changing some shock settings. Do what the car wants
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
integra55

Post by integra55 »

I started to ... was going to get some pizza ...

then I saw the prices ... $28 for a whole pizza ...

$4 for a slice ... they must have thought we were the county fair or something

would have loved to support them, but that was a bit much
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

pics from Day 1 can be found here: http://www.pointercone.com/2013Autocros ... Park-Day-1

I didnt get as many on day 2 with the rain, but I'll get those edited and loaded tonight or tomorrow!

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

CaptJordi wrote:pics from Day 1 can be found here: http://www.pointercone.com/2013Autocros ... Park-Day-1

I didnt get as many on day 2 with the rain, but I'll get those edited and loaded tonight or tomorrow!
Thanks!

looks good.

The Ferrari was awesome to see out there. 1) that he didn't tape the snot out of it to protect it. 2) that he used tape on it for #'s. and 3) that he drove it well for being the 1st time and so on. He may not have been the fastest out there but he wasn't slow and you could tell he was getting on it.
Kudos to that guy!
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

ConeEater wrote:
CaptJordi wrote:pics from Day 1 can be found here: http://www.pointercone.com/2013Autocros ... Park-Day-1

Thanks!

looks good.

The Ferrari was awesome to see out there. 1) that he didn't tape the snot out of it to protect it. 2) that he used tape on it for #'s. and 3) that he drove it well for being the 1st time and so on. He may not have been the fastest out there but he wasn't slow and you could tell he was getting on it.
Kudos to that guy!
My thoughts exactly, I'll second the props for use as intended. I talked to him for a few minutes and he seemed like a nice guy. Hopefully we'll see him back out at some point.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I think this would have been his 3rd event because I think he has done the last two Adesa events....now if we can just get him to the normal events. I think (maybe) his wife drives a Cayman or some other P car from time to time.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

ke0ki2k wrote:
I sent your car owner/chief knob twister a link to shock tuning info and what y'all did would help the balance how I felt it. Well.. other than the numb feel and overpowered steering I couldn't get used to. Lol
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

TedV wrote:James, if I had been able to make it to the event Sunday morning (did anyone else have the stromboli?) I was going to ask about changing some shock settings. Do what the car wants
Had the stromboli, no "regrets" in my case. :lol:
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld