Chilhowee - Solo In The Park 2013

Discussions related to Solo
yellow99tj

Re: Chilhowee - Solo In The Park 2013

Post by yellow99tj »

Really enjoyed it guys, I wish there was as good competition in STM in Chattanooga. :fight:
-Shane Norton-
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR
STU #95
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

yellow99tj wrote:Really enjoyed it guys, I wish there was as good competition in STM in Chattanooga. :fight:
You don't show up in chattanooga to worry about competition.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2
GT350
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

TedV wrote:James, if I had been able to make it to the event Sunday morning (did anyone else have the stromboli?) I was going to ask about changing some shock settings. Do what the car wants
I saw that thing and thought wow the money pit has arrived, what ever happened to a good grilled hot dog and some chips? Spectators prob would liked that also.
Bob Colbert
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Besides the pizza being expensive, it wasn't very good. The crust was like cardboard and underdone. The dough needs to ferment overnight in a refrigerator to develop good taste and the oven has to be really hot. I don't think either was the case.

Southern West Virginia Region has good hot dogs, chips and drinks for reasonable prices. They run at a local high school and the band boosters provide the food. It's a little far for most of you, though.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
steverife

Post by steverife »

Concession are nice, but they are pretty much at the bottom of my list of things that determine where/if I autocross.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TedV

Post by TedV »

I usually never get anything from a concessions unless I know them to be good and even then it has to be outstanding. I broke my rule for the charity event. I was erping the flavor of the sauce while working 3rd run group. I was making a run for it before Will and I had some beerverage after the event. I should-a known better and skipped the concessions food. :oops:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Fastech

Post by Fastech »

At Adesa last year, Petro's Chili and Chips was serving... Mmmmmm good!

Now I'm hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Brian Flanagan
FastechAutoBrokers.com
Serial ConeKilla!
E46 M3 SCCA BSP/NASA TTB
05 X5 4.8is with a hitch
04 XR650R for running over trees
yellow99tj

Post by yellow99tj »

rocket71 wrote:
yellow99tj wrote:Really enjoyed it guys, I wish there was as good competition in STM in Chattanooga. :fight:
You don't show up in chattanooga to worry about competition.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2
That's because there is no competition. Nobody runs STU hardly, And there aren't very many people running STM either. That's what I was driving at. Plus I have no play money or time.....
-Shane Norton-
STU #95
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Thanks for making the trip. That was one of the deeper STM fields we've had this season. Good times. 'Wish you could have made it Sunday, I was looking forward to the EVO fight between you and Brit in the wet. :)
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
yellow99tj

Post by yellow99tj »

Wheelman_13 wrote:
Thanks for making the trip. That was one of the deeper STM fields we've had this season. Good times. 'Wish you could have made it Sunday, I was looking forward to the EVO fight between you and Brit in the wet. :)
Thanks. I had no plans of coming back Sunday, but after Saturday I really wanted to. I normally have family in Knoxville, but they were out of town and I didn't want make two trips. Chilhowee is one of my favorite autox's though, hope t do it again next year.
-Shane Norton-
STU #95
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

yellow99tj wrote:Chilhowee is one of my favorite autox's though

James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
yellow99tj

Post by yellow99tj »

Sorry James, I don't get out much I guess. What I mean by I don't get out much is, I don't have the desire to drive 6 hours to compete nationally for 6 minutes. And lets be honest, giving my skill level, lose for 6 minutes.
-Shane Norton-
STU #95
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

ke0ki2k wrote:
yellow99tj wrote:Chilhowee is one of my favorite autox's though

Way to summarize my thoughts exactly!!

Shane, there is nothing to compare a national event to. It is so much more than just the time on course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
GT350
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

+ eleventy billion on that one.

Nationals and national events aren't JUST about the racing. I've never gotten even close to getting far out of the basement at nationals and never close to a trophy at a national tour/pro, but I'd be happy to drive out 15+ hours to go.

Nationals itself is such an experience between the kick ass cars, the great people...the paddock area... betwee games, food, parties, some sampling of local beers from other regions and just a ton of fun.

I'm really not happy about not making this trip this year.

GO... you'll be glad you did.

Go to Blytheville if you can't do nationals.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I can understand the not-wanting-to-go-to-a-national-tour-if-you-dont-feel-competitive thing... but.. chilhowee is one of your favorite sites? that dog don't hunt! go to Huntsville or Atlanta and run a local on one of their big lots. Hell, Pellissippi is faster and more fun - Chillhowee is a painful, slow little mickey-mouse course. Adesa and Bristol are worth the drive also, typically open/fast/fun.

If it was raining, I wouldnt have showed up at Chilhowee, and I was the event chair :lol: (kidding)
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3