Chilhowee - Solo In The Park 2013

Discussions related to Solo
hobo_hunter

Re: Chilhowee - Solo In The Park 2013

Post by hobo_hunter »

I just wanted to thank everyone who made this weekend possible. I had a great time and met some great people. You guys really are some fun people to be around, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be attending more.
-Mitchell Fillyaw-
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

We look forward to seeing you back out there.

I'll second the thanks. This weekend was some of the most fun I've had in a while autocrossing with a big field and some REALLY close racing.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
steverife

Post by steverife »

Two day events are fun. Combine putting 2 days together with our changing weather conditions and it creates a different competitive environment. I'm glad that our folks that typically don't travel got a chance to experience that.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
timray

Post by timray »

Thank you ETR for making mine and Bronwyns weekend one of the best of 2013. You guys are awesome and put on a hell of a good event. :D
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

thanks to Yoder, JY and all the others who were down there putting up course & whatnot last week - I was a pretty useless event chairman ('orientation' week at grad school is not the same as orientation week in undergrad - I was overwhelmed with work all week). Glad it went off without incident - and pretty efficiently, too.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

THE BIGGEST THANKS TO DAVE YODER. I was thrilled to at least third place. The wet is not my friend. Glad to have Mike Koty to best Walter. This guy was Jacked on the win. I think our class is the most contested out of the club, We have a few more events and just gotta go with the flow.Smack down is now on !!!
Bob Colbert
integra55

Post by integra55 »

John Brown wrote:Who's ready to do it again tomorrow??!!
I talked to Yoder, and running it backwards is OK but we have to start and finish on the same sides as today. Or I can tweek today's course..
Opinions?
I was going to post up that as far as I was concerned, you could do whatever .. since I was going to win no matter what ..... all I can say now is WAY TO GO MIKE ... 2 yrs to the event and he wins for the first time ... well done 8) 8)

and I'll add my thanks to all .. especially Dave who puts so much time and effort into these charity events ...
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Hey everyone

Just got back into PA about 45 minutes ago. There was no way I could've done today and made it home in a decent time, so sorry I couldn't make it both days.

Big thanks to all involved yesterday for the 1st day. The sponsors, the various parties involved with the town, police, etc... it's all for a good cause and it's good to help the community and show the masses that we're not all a bunch of hooligans with speed issues. :lol:

That was my 1st time at that site and that was a little freaky at first walking it. Never drove a course on a site like that. From a 'seat time' perspective, that course was GREAT for forcing you to remember the course and looking ahead. When you have blind turn sections you have to know where you need to go and where you want the car to be.

My 1st run was a 37.8 I think? The car was all over the place and I hadn't seen the course in a few hours.

My 2nd run was a flier... that was a blast. Looking at the run ( I'll post video tomorrow night ), it looked pretty good, but allot of places I could tweak and get more time out of it. I ran a 36.5xx. That turned out to be my best run... good enough for 2nd fastest and I think I was 6th in the PAX? I'll take that any day.

My next 3 runs were crazy... I had a 2nd heat driver in the passenger seat and kinda pushed a bit harder... plus I wasn't used to the extra weight... that made the car really plant coming thru the uphill section and carried WAYYY too much speed up there. 37.3 I think... Next run was sloppy and I was late in a lot of sections... 37.8
run 5 was better... another 37.3.

run 6..... felt REALLY good at the launch. Video shows me really being where I want to be in slaloms and felt super smooth. I pushed just a touch coming into the "split" to the left and I heard that rear hit the cone, but hoped it wasn't down. I just pushed on and really drove the course well. I got a little sideways coming into the finish and came really close to tank slapping, but the car worked well. Another 36.5 ( with a cone ). That run could've easily took FTD if that bobble at the cone and I was a touch tidier at the finish. I would've had to take FTD to take PAX as well.

It was good to see everyone again. You guys have quickly been turning into a 2nd autocross family.

Might be able to make it for Adessa as well.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Sounds like everyone had fun, wish I could have made it ... I enjoyed the course last year. Wow, Brian, you are spending a bunch of time on I-81!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

EliseAutoXr wrote:Sounds like everyone had fun, wish I could have made it ... I enjoyed the course last year. Wow, Brian, you are spending a bunch of time on I-81!
Tell me about it...lol

Kim is heading this way on Friday AM, so she'll be on 81 all the way up to PA... heading to Corvettes @ Carlisle.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

ConeEater wrote:
EliseAutoXr wrote:Sounds like everyone had fun, wish I could have made it ... I enjoyed the course last year. Wow, Brian, you are spending a bunch of time on I-81!
Tell me about it...lol

Kim is heading this way on Friday AM, so she'll be on 81 all the way up to PA... heading to Corvettes @ Carlisle.
Cool I have been to Corvettes at Carlisle many, many times. It's great unless it is raining, then it is more like woodstock mud fest. Are you going to look or buy? (note I was always there looking for parts as my first couple of Corvettes where not um... good... I once overheard someone say "that is the ugliest Corvette I have ever seen", can't say that I disagreed.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Great job Cathers! Shows you winning pro with a half second slower time than I had...
Event Chair has it's benefits!
Lol! :)
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

EliseAutoXr wrote:
ConeEater wrote:
Tell me about it...lol

Cool I have been to Corvettes at Carlisle many, many times. It's great unless it is raining, then it is more like woodstock mud fest. Are you going to look or buy? (note I was always there looking for parts as my first couple of Corvettes where not um... good... I once overheard someone say "that is the ugliest Corvette I have ever seen", can't say that I disagreed.
I'll be there looking for the most part, but hoping to find an extra front OEM wheel for extra race tires.

Other than that... I'm just a car geek and want to see it. I live 2.5 hours from there so it's always fun.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I had a great time. The terminal understeer is definitely gone. Now I just need to learn to drive the thing closer to it's new capability.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Kim commented that my car had a fan club in the stands...lol
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing