Chilhowee Truck/Trailer Parking

Discussions related to Solo
disneyd
Site Admin

Chilhowee Truck/Trailer Parking

Post by disneyd »

Is there ample truck/trailer parking at Chilhowee, so that I'm not a mile away from the truck when I'm in grid?

Just wondering if I should tow or bring the tire trailer.

Thanks
- Dave Disney
jcox07

Re: Chilhowee Truck/Trailer Parking

Post by jcox07 »

I had my long trailer there last year and there is plenty of room.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

Which side of the road did you park on?
- Dave Disney
integra55

Post by integra55 »

with the new web site we've lost the directions page (to all our sites) can that be brought back ?
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

Last year parking was on the Jacob building side of tunnel, grid was on the other side.

There was barely room in grid for the run group.

Not complaining, just advising.

Mike
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Could be corrected with 3 run groups or so depending on entry list. If you bring the trailer it can be parked in the grass beside of grid to avoid extra tunnel time during your run group. Also last year we had car failure that held up the event. We need to be able to remove a broke car faster to keep the event going.(no pun Doug glad you have rebuilt better than before),I don't see why it would not take any more than 15 minutes to swap out run groups there if every one stays with the plan. IE you done, hit the tunnel get a drink and a samich and a worker place.If we did work assignments right after driver meeting there would no confusion on what do I do now.There is Pizza Palace and a few fast foodie joints near by, have a spouse or a friend grab something to bring to you. Same follows with grid if laid out before the event and we have the numbers set and marked the grid sheets could also be filled out by the time of driver meeting. Meaning the next driver group would know what position to park in grid before they get there.Also the group that run second and so on could line the cars up in paddock to be better prepped to travel the tunnel to grid. If we have a police challenge this year it's a bonus time to do things but we need to be ready once done.A radio person in paddock would also help out with car movement and security.IE back to grid hop in and hit the tunnel no looking for things you might need in grid cause they are in the car or on the trailer that you park in the grass next to grid.
Bob Colbert
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Most trailers will not fit thru the tunnel, and we will need the space for grid as we may grid all the out to the grass area.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

We don't need trailers to be around grid. They aren't at PSTCC or pretty much anywhere else that I've ran.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Trailers I've spoken about are the little small ones that Ted pulled behind last year with his starting battery or poss some of the 4x4size tire trailers that carry equipment not your get to the event and unload from trailers.I think Ted's was a utility wagon. But it carried what he needed to be on the grid side.
Bob Colbert