Been out of it too long. - What Class and Tire Question

Discussions related to Solo
gbwrx

Been out of it too long. - What Class and Tire Question

Post by gbwrx »

Okay. With all the class changes and junk. What am I running? Regular DS or TDS? (2013 WRX with normal stock class mods but running street tires).

And my MAIN question...What tire is the tire now. I've been running the RS3's in 255/40/17 and they are about done. Same tire and size?

Thanks And Go...
2013 WRX
flier129

Re: Been out of it too long. - What Class and Tire Question

Post by flier129 »

D-Street, similar rules as stock but you can actually do +/- 1" in wheel diameter.

Not sure which tire works best on the wrx, Harp had really good success with the RS3s so I figure you can't go wrong there. Maybe the Dunlop Z2s are up there with the kooks on that chassis.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Does this mean your coming back out? :rockon:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

As much as possible. Time will tell how much that is.

These are Chris's old RS3's. I was thinking about getting another set and just driving on them all summer.
2013 WRX
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Hankook is currently doing a small revision to the RS3. Hopefully they'll have a the new stock shipped out to the US distributors before April. So it might be worth waiting until that happens, depending on when it happens :?
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Is there still DS with R's and now a D-Street too. Or just the D-Street??

Thanks. Hmmmmm. May just need to wait and run on these old ones.
2013 WRX
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Stock (with R tires) goes away next season. It might as well be dead already though if you look at the entries for Dixie. So for national events, DS is now DStreet...so street tires. Locally you will run TDS or actually PDS. Dave and I will have to still figuring out what this means gor axware....

If I was going to do it again, my plan was RS3 on the RPF1 and get a set of Direzza for the stock wheels for rain and cooler events.

I was also going to try a 245 RS3 instead of 255 because of soft sidewall.

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
integra55

Post by integra55 »

thrdeye wrote:Stock (with R tires) goes away afternext season. It might as well be dead already though if you look at the entries for Dixie. So for national events, DS is now DStreet...so street tires. Locally you will run TDS or actually PDS. Dave and I will have to still figuring out what this means gor axware....

If I was going to do it again, my plan was RS3 on the RPF1 and get a set of Direzza for the stock wheels for rain and cooler events.

I was also going to try a 245 RS3 instead of 255 because of soft sidewall.

sent from typotalk

the missing word :D
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Dr.Chris

Post by Dr.Chris »

Why would you be able to run TDS?
Aren't all street classes already PAXed for street tires?

draft12 — 2014 SCCA® NATIONAL SOLO® RULES
STREET CATEGORY ......................................................................... 165
Super Street class (SS) ...................................................................... 165
A Street class (AS) ............................................................................. 166
B Street class (BS) ............................................................................. 166
C Street class (CS) ............................................................................. 167
E Street class (ES) ............................................................................. 169
F Street class (FS) ............................................................................. 169
G Street class (GS) ............................................................................ 171
STREET R CATEGORY ..................................................................... 179
Super Street-R class (SSR) ............................................................... 180
A Street-R class (ASR) ....................................................................... 181
B Street-R class (BSR) ....................................................................... 181
C Street-R class (CSR) ...................................................................... 182
D Street-R class (DSR) ...................................................................... 183
E Street-R class (ESR) ....................................................................... 184
F Street-R class (FSR) ....................................................................... 185
G Street-R class (GSR) ...................................................................... 186
H Street-R class (HSR) ...................................................................... 189
STREET TOURING® CATEGORY ..................................................... 193
Street Touring® FWD (STF) ............................................................... 193
Street Touring® Compact (STC) ........................................................ 194
Street Touring® Sport (STS) .............................................................. 195
Street Touring® Xtreme (STX) ........................................................... 195
Street Touring® Ultra (STU) ............................................................... 196
Street Touring® Roadster (STR) ........................................................ 197
STREET MODIFIED CATEGORY ...................................................... 199
Street Modifi ed Class (SM) ................................................................ 199
Super Street Modifi ed Class (SSM) ................................................... 200
Street Modifi ed Class Front Wheel Drive (SMF) ................................ 201
STREET PREPARED CATEGORY .................................................... 203
Super Street Prepared (SSP) ............................................................. 203
A Street Prepared (ASP) .................................................................... 204
B Street Prepared (BSP) .................................................................... 205
C Street Prepared (CSP) .................................................................... 206
D Street Prepared (DSP) .................................................................... 207
E Street Prepared (ESP) .................................................................... 209
F Street Prepared (FSP) .................................................................... 210
PREPARED CATEGORY ................................................................... 215
X Prepared (XP) ................................................................................. 215
C Prepared (CP) ................................................................................. 219
D Prepared (DP) ................................................................................. 222
E Prepared (EP) ................................................................................. 224
F Prepared (FP) ................................................................................. 231
G Prepared (GP) ................................................................................ 235
MODIFIED CATEGORY ..................................................................... 243
A Modifi ed (AM) .................................................................................. 243
B Modifi ed (BM) .................................................................................. 243
C Modifi ed (CM) ................................................................................. 244
D Modifi ed (DM) ................................................................................. 250
E Modifi ed (EM) .................................................................................. 250
F Modifi ed (FM) .................................................................................. 251

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... educed.pdf
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

There's an announcement coming at some point. Probably at the drivers meeting tomorrow. TIRE PAX class is going away for ETR.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Edit-----nevermind. I figured it out.
2013 WRX
integra55

Post by integra55 »

so SP, SM, & M if on street tires can just run STM ?
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones

828-686-3245
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Or DS.
2013 WRX
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

STU also.
2013 WRX
integra55

Post by integra55 »

well STU already has a street tire PAX … does it get something else if it runs in STM ? ( I don't play in STM so I'm not all that sure about the car eligibility) … same question for DS … if you run on street tires, wouldn't it just transition over to DStreet ?

walter jones

828-686-3245