Evolution Performance Driving School this month!

Discussions related to Solo
MARKP

Evolution Performance Driving School this month!

Post by MARKP »

Some of you may not know that we are hosting two Evolution Performance Driving Schools at Smokies Stadium this month. There will be a Phase One school on the 29th, and a Phase Two on the 30th. Here are the links to where you can sign up:
http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index.php ... tail&p=469
http://www.evoschool.com/shop/index.php ... tail&p=470

We have plenty of space still available but these events typically fill up so please don't hesitate to sign up. We have confirmed your instructors will be Robert Carpenter, Brian Flanagan, Andy Hohl, and Mark Pilson. Your instructors have lots of national competition experience and are either National Champions or national trophy winners. Needless to say, there will be a wealth of knowledge and expert instruction available to you. All of your instructors have lots of experience in many different types of cars.

Now that I have impressed you with your instructors, please don't feel intimidated. If you are one of the people that just showed up at your first event or even have never autocrossed before, the Phase One school is perfect for you! We will teach you the basics of autocrossing and the fundamentals of car control before you get a chance to learn the bad habits that so many of us acquire. Once you have the Phase One under your belt, the Phase Two school takes things to the next level and gives you some deeper skills and the focus to be at the top of your driving ability.

Again, please don't hesitate to get signed up. These schools will fill quickly. Please feel free to share this information with others outside the East TN area or with members of other car clubs. We are happy to have all kinds of drivers attend.
Last edited by MARKP on Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
RxCritical

Re: Evolution Performance Driving School this month!

Post by RxCritical »

Refueling outage. :(
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
Going in Hot

Post by Going in Hot »

What's the surface like at that site? I've never run there and need to figure out my tire situation.

Nariah
Nariah

94 Miata
98 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

decent grip.. some wavy bumps if course crosses it.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
ZacCarter

Post by ZacCarter »

I'm planning on doing some kind of piece for AFowardMotion on this.. I'm not exactly sure what yet but I have something up my sleeves.
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Mark...as soon as I finished my first ETR event in February and saw you were running the EVO School. I knew I wanted to sign up for it. I signed up last week. I was hoping to get you as my instructor since you drive a car similar in weight as mine. If that's not possible then that's fine I'm sure the other instructors are almost as good....lol :lol: I understand the theory behind practicing wrong habits from the beginning is not a good thing so I want to become a better driver and understand Solo II and the limits of my car. I also want to have the tools needed to push it to it's limit. I have some goals already based on my first event. I look forward to EVO School......can you get me 8 seconds off my time..... :lol: I'll be at Sundays event for more seat time...thanks.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks for signing up!

I promise you will have a top notch instructor no matter who you get. Additionally, you will have two instructors per day so you get more than one perspective.

Be sure to tell your friends about it.

Sent from the Galaxy
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I have it on good authority that if you plan on taking the Phase II school, you should still take the Phase I school. Instruction is tailored to your skill level even for Phase I. And then you'll have a running start for Phase II.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
joker717

Post by joker717 »

Is the price listed($260) for both days or just one? If its for just one why the big jump in price? I think I payed around $80 last year. :?: :?: :?:
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

It is 260.00 per day and this is evolution school and last years was etr as we will have another school later in the year. I am sure it is a Saturday school and a Sunday event for 80.00 for our event/school.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
joker717

Post by joker717 »

OK just wondering because it was at the same time last year and same location and I know Mark was one of the instructors. Is it a lot better class? (Comparing ETR School to Phase1)
I'm NOT trying to cause any problems Just trying to figure out how to get the wife on board with a $180 price jump
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
Going in Hot

Post by Going in Hot »

I'm in for Sunday, trying to get up to speed. Looking forward to it.
Nariah

94 Miata
98 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Evolution is a little different deal from what we do locally. If you thought the local school was good, the Evolution school is even better.

Sent from the Galaxy
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Bumping this back up. Mike "Junior" Johnson has just added another instructor and added some additional spots. If you looked at registering before and thought it was full, please go ahead and register. Move quickly so you don't miss out! Please see the links on the first post.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
KeithLoveday

Post by KeithLoveday »

Signed up!
I may have looked over the answer to this question but, Will loaner helmets be available?
Jeffrey "Keith" Loveday