2nd Event

Discussions related to Solo
dewittpayne

Re: 2nd Event

Post by dewittpayne »

I just wish I knew why I had so much less grip than at event #1. Did taking the spare tire out really make that much difference? Back to leaving it in and filling up the gas tank. Maybe getting red flagged and taking reruns put too much heat in the tires. Dunno.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
John_Kernodle

Post by John_Kernodle »

Great course, great event, even though I went from being my usual Captain Slow to being Captain Stupid (and slow).

Besides being stupid and slow, only other downside of the event was that during my third run group, someone walked off with my yellow & blue "Bar Harbor" jacket/windbreaker which was at the front of the grid, near the go-kart trailer. My air compressor was sitting on top of it so i'm glad it was still there. No questions asked for return of the jacket. Here is a picture.

Last edited by John_Kernodle on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
John P. Kernodle
2010 MX-5 Miata
http://jpkernodle.zenfolio.com/
black16g

Post by black16g »

jcox07 wrote:Great event with great numbers again. Fun course, but I couldn't get my head out of my a$$. Also good to see every one that drove my car also beat me in it (NOT) Marcus really did an amazing job adjusting from his car to mine. Looking forward to cecil and to a great Bristol event. Lets keep the numbers coming especially for our next event since it is a charity event and it will be a great course as JB always does a great course at our lot as well as our charity events. We may need some help on Friday if any one wants to help post up as we will I am sure have to clean the course for the event. Thanks JY

I wouldn't mind helping. It's a short drive for me.
Joey Richardson
flier129

Post by flier129 »

One of the better events I've had in a long while. A LOT closer to JB than I have been this season, a few more changes and I think I can put enough time between me and him to beat em' in Pro :D. Of course there's the other 8+ guys I have to worry about too :lol: I thought the course was great, especially the top section with the big sweeper into a.... "slalom". I felt like I was out for a Sunday drive with my 61.4xx, but that seems to be key for the toyos... don't over drive them!

JY's car is a BLAST. Totally surprised me on how easy that car is to drive. Nothing like I was expecting, you've got that car setup right man. For reference.... my 4th run in the stang put me 1/10th behind my pax time from my STR car. Either way, I left a lot of time out there. I'll post up my run tonight.

Thanks again to all the workers!
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

flier129 wrote:One of the better events I've had in a long while. A LOT closer to JB than I have been this season, a few more changes and I think I can put enough time between me and him to beat em' in Pro :D. Of course there's the other 8+ guys I have to worry about too :lol: I thought the course was great, especially the top section with the big sweeper into a.... "slalom". I felt like I was out for a Sunday drive with my 61.4xx, but that seems to be key for the toyos... don't over drive them!

JY's car is a BLAST. Totally surprised me on how easy that car is to drive. Nothing like I was expecting, you've got that car setup right man. For reference.... my 4th run in the stang put me 1/10th behind my pax time from my STR car. Either way, I left a lot of time out there. I'll post up my run tonight.

Thanks again to all the workers!

:lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I can come out and help on Friday May 2. The speedway is only about 20 miles from my house.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
CobaltSSlow

Post by CobaltSSlow »

John Brown wrote:.. even if I do say so myself.. very few Pilli courses get me smiling... but this was my all time fav today! fast and some techinal sections.. but the top last loop was KILLER ! :rockon:

I also got some tire testing done that Iv been putting off mainly because I didn't expect much from the new tires..
WOW! was I wrong... 8)

Glad Cold Beers Smak talkin paid off for him.. Glad me keeping my mouth shut paid off for me! :lol:
Interested in what you thought of the feds... Still considering them quite seriously...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

CobaltSSlow wrote:
John Brown wrote:.. even if I do say so myself.. very few Pilli courses get me smiling... but this was my all time fav today! fast and some techinal sections.. but the top last loop was KILLER ! :rockon:

I also got some tire testing done that Iv been putting off mainly because I didn't expect much from the new tires..
WOW! was I wrong... 8)

Glad Cold Beers Smak talkin paid off for him.. Glad me keeping my mouth shut paid off for me! :lol:
Interested in what you thought of the feds... Still considering them quite seriously...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
PM sent...
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

John Brown wrote:
PM sent...

I'm curious too. Any reason you can't share your thoughts with everyone?
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

How bumpy is the lot? This bumpy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Yh0znKwck

I seriously couldn't put the power down for any stretch of the course except the up hill transition and not even for long then. And I still ran a 55.7. That course, which I loved, made Adesa look smooth.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

How is your cocyx?

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Scoob wrote:How bumpy is the lot? This bumpy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Yh0znKwck

I seriously couldn't put the power down for any stretch of the course except the up hill transition and not even for long then. And I still ran a 55.7. That course, which I loved, made Adesa look smooth.

Ill just leave this right here..... :lol:

Scoob

Post Re: smack talk 2014

Yes, I have run at Pelli and it's better than Adesa surface-wise. I couldn't even see straight about 25% of the time at Adesa and still got PAX by almost 1 sec. Planning on running Pelli 3-4 times this year and Adesa again.

#68 KM Intrepid Honda
#2 STX FR-S
SCCA KAC member
BetterOffRacing
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I thought the fun runs would have a timer but it seemed to shut off. Sort of sucks for fun (diagnostic) runs . That,s when Peeps try to get a grip on the current car set up...Or changes they have made. ETR still rocks for this .
Bob Colbert
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

times were written down in the trailer..