Re: SeDiv @ Smokies - July 25-27 - OFFICIAL Thread

Post by thewelder »

Ted. Shhh. I may buy those mizzou cars.
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
backpacker6

Post by backpacker6 »

Yesterday was awesome. Today was awesome. The format was awesome. Thanks SeDiv and ETR!
-Brian Darby

PSTS 8
91 Miata
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I loved the format.. That was prolly one of my most challenging wins in my solo career... Running as fast as I could and still staying clean! Im not a cone basher..nor am I a "fast flyer" I hardly improve .5 on a daily session. It gives us a chance to do a hail Mary run... but rewards the consistent.. I didn't really like the course on Sat.. but it was a driver course. Today was a momentum course and HP helped tremendously! Actually.... I was shit-stunned I came out on top today with the long start,the long straight downhill..and the up hill sections. I think the finish sections let me stay afloat.. :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

My last run Saturday with my daughter. Her head was all over the place. Good thing she had a helmet on. :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/C_x5G6EGLBI
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
black16g

Post by black16g »

I had a great time! The format was a fun change of pace but not the greatest for me since I'm never consistent. It just showed me I need to focus on getting fast runs from the start. Congrats to Brian Robbins on laying down some fast times. It's nice to have some competition in class and will help us both improve.
Joey Richardson
integra55

Post by integra55 »

benk wrote:Looking forward to some autocross to de-stress from this hellish week. Even better that its a two day event. I'm just hoping the on call phone doesn't ring. If it does it might get 'accidentally' run over.
most of them have an "off" button :lol:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
KeithLoveday

Post by KeithLoveday »

Super fun Event. The course was great both days. Very easy to build confidence on and improve every lap. I just wish I remembered to apply sun screen to my legs the first day... I'm a lobster from the knee down :(
Jeffrey "Keith" Loveday
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Great job Lin,you owned the day. I'm still looking for my head :oops: :oops: :oops: Great time and liked the format,head still not found :roll:
Bob Colbert
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Today was a momentum course and HP helped tremendously!
Yes, it did. It was nice to be able to put my right foot to the floor and keep it there for several seconds more than once per run. I was a little too enthusiastic on my first run up the hill, though. And I almost waited too long to hit the brakes when the car went sideways. Given my recent experience with the somewhat fragile Mustang front suspension, I wasn't entirely happy with hitting the brakes before the drain bumps, but waiting until after the bumps didn't work very well.

Overall, a very fun event for me. Thanks everyone.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
integra55

Post by integra55 »

well done Lin …. well done

disappointed in me …. happy, very happy for you
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

black16g wrote:I had a great time! The format was a fun change of pace but not the greatest for me since I'm never consistent. It just showed me I need to focus on getting fast runs from the start. Congrats to Brian Robbins on laying down some fast times. It's nice to have some competition in class and will help us both improve.
Thanks man and same to you! I had a great time and it definitely helps my driving and makes it much more fun to have good competition. Great event!!
Brian Robbins
XP 45
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

John Brown wrote:Please make sure we have the spreader and plenty of those smaller bags of flour.. prolly 10 of them?

and has anyone seen the distance wheel???
The distance wheel is usually next to the sound meter .........
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Scott Dobbler: I have the moonshine !!! see you in wilmington ! :pirate:
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Great event with some very fun courses and a fairly smooth event as well after the Saturday chief no-shows. This was a different format as all the runs counted and you had one drop. If we had just used the best one lap time from each day, I would have had a 72.641 and JB would have had a 73.166 and I would have had the win, with that said I still liked this format better than just the best time of the day like we use now. This format rewards the driver with the best average times on all runs. You can have one bad lap and that is your drop, but the rest have to be real close in times and no cones. So in the end the smooth and clean driver will win. I would like etr to adopt this format for our scoring system, for this was very fun for me.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

After sleeping on it last night, I think its a great format for sure. It didn't slow me down one bit. I drove just like I always drive. I think I may have that scoring system at Adesa this year.
Im not sure every body will go for it as an all the time system (Im fine either way) but, for every now and again.. its fun!
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C