Jetport

Discussions related to Solo
oldmuscle69

Jetport

Post by oldmuscle69 »

WOW the concrete seemed to have A bit of a challenge to it today,more so on the first run group. The first cars looked like they were loosing lunch but it was the fine dust on the course.third run group had the best line to follow and still a bit slick. good fun,no rain until after last run and great BBQ on site.Thanks to the Chatt folks for having us down for a Sunday drive.
Bob Colbert
ke0ki2k

Re: Jetport

Post by ke0ki2k »

Thanks for putting that together Berry & Chat Region gang.

Course was better than I thought it would be.. but good LORD I've never felt a total lack of traction like that in the dry - slickest dry surface I've ever raced on. Made Pelli feel like the rubbered-in line at the Wilmington Pro Solo.. it was a drift fest in Pro until we all figured out that we had to go very, VERY slow to go fast.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Thanks for saying that.After the first run group we learned what just happened to our tires while starting the grove on course.Next time we need a truck to drag a bale of tires over the course to knock out the knifes that we ran on first. I could now use a set of good corner used Toyo's. I think that was the most fun Lin and I had so far this year :rockon:
Bob Colbert
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Still haven't dried out from changing tires in the rain... Well I did but my gear hasn't.

That was a really fun event. I hope the jetport was happy with how you did things and how we, as a community, handled ourselves and want us all back.

I'll have top look at my runs and data and all that but what I know from the driver's view... I'm with James... That was the slickest dry concrete course I've ever driven on. That's what fresh concrete does though.

Highlights... That 991 GT3 looked and sounded amazing. Watching Berry's SSP car bend around some cones.

Lowlights.... working 3rd heat waiting for the rain... and then changing the tires in the rain and getting soaked worse than I ever have at an event. That road leaving the event being almost washed out in spots and having water over the fenders.
And having to back my car up in grid... ugh

More to come... great day though!
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Was it as hard on R compounds as it was on my po lil ToyoZ.. :(

.. ground the edges plum off. :|

I set the course up with hopes there would be decent grip... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! .. not. :lol: Slickest corner ever right before the finish turn. It looked like polished glass and got more slick with each of my runs. :?

Had a good time anyway! Congrats to Walker and Cathers on their finishes..
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

it was a drift fest in Pro until we all figured out that we had to go very, VERY slow to go fast
Maybe that's why I had one of my best competitive days yesterday in class......I'm always slow at Pelli so makes sense why I could hang with the big boy's :D .....Just a shout out to JB for another great course and to all those in CRSCCA who made this facility a fun event. I can't wait to try it again. I hope the schedule works out so I can make all of our events and Chatt as well.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
steverife

Post by steverife »

It was a lot of fun, but it was fun in a different way ---- the number of people in Pro and the scramble to beat the rain made things pretty intense. I loved that feeling.

Facilities are top notch. The area where we got to run was a bit smaller, but that is fine. I really hope we get to keep running it and it seasons in....
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

where can we see our times from yesterday?
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

No results posted yet on their site. In fact they still don't have results up from July.

However, I made sure to push a live timing update before closing down the computer for last heat, so you should be able to see them at live.crscca.org
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I also had fun yesterday. Although there wasn't a ton of grip, it was different. I like the site because even though it is small, you can have some flxibility with the course design.

I think I'm just getting real tired of PSCC :(

Can we go back to smokies?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I hope that we can continue to make a good impression and maybe get use of more of the off pad area especially to paddock and grid. If we could use the whole pad for the course.. that'd be great!

I understand that some of the high dolla air planes don't know bout us hot rod boys yet.. if we can be trusted.. :lol: Lets keep up the good attitudes... and always leave it cleaner that when we arrived. :rockon:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Their live results have all classes. Hard to find but here it is:
http://live.crscca.org/
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

The website link doesn't get updated quickly but the norm is the results are posted a link in the forums before we leave the site. Phil normally handles that but couldn't be there.
GT350
steverife

Post by steverife »

thrdeye wrote:I think I'm just getting real tired of PSCC :(
I actually like PSTCC more than I did a few years ago. I don't think I'll ever take my car back to Bristol or Smokies. :(
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Only thing about smokies is lot rental fee and turn out numbers, last year we only had 35ish show up and this year was a sediv event and I am not sure if we would have had as many as we did if not for the sediv evnt combined with an etr points event.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500