Bowling Green Corvette Museum Autox

Discussions related to Solo
CABoegemann

Re: Bowling Green Corvette Museum Autox

Post by CABoegemann »

4th/16 (13th pax)

Kristo won. (Paxed 4th) Brian Hatten got second. (I think) Not sure where Steve finished, but he drove the Miata very well, especially having never sat in it

The surface is not very grippy, but it's big and super smooth. The course was OK, but it had this huge circle (not exactly a skid pad) right at the begining of the course. It was kind of odd.

KYSCCA did a good job. I'd go back...

CORRECTION: BRIAN HATTEN WON SS. I WAS LOOKING AT LIVE TIMING AND IT DIDN'T HAVE RUN #4 ON IT. CONGRATS, BRIAN!
Last edited by CABoegemann on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

the vids I saw looked like not much run off ,especially if you lost it during the return section.. mud/soft dirt aint fun to hit sideways.. even at 40-50 mph.
Was that just the videos??
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

Course was safe in those regards, but there wasn't a ton of runoff on either side.

It was a good event. I'd go back.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
fourwhls

Post by fourwhls »

CABoegemann wrote:The course was OK, but it had this huge circle (not exactly a skid pad) right at the begining of the course. It was kind of odd.
That was the only way I could come up with a 40-50sec course. Without the circle, it would have been 30sec. Not wide enough to run more than down and back.

Good seeing everyone out there. It's was kinda cool to see so many cars from different regions. Looking forward to getting out there again next year.

Nice driving Kristo, I wish I could have given you some competition. My tires were done and that super smooth surface only exaggerated that. I'm pretty sure I won the US Drift portion of the event.
Shawn
STX Prepped Mazda RX-8

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -Mario Andretti
steverife

Post by steverife »

I liked the circle, though I thought it was tough coming out of it visually. I had a hard time finding where I needed look. Of course walking the course in the heavy fog probably didn't help that.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
TedV

Post by TedV »

Did David O'Maley wear a dress or decide to make a life change? Has him in AML ???
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

The AM car was having issues. They were running out of order and I don't think they even made all their runs...
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
steverife

Post by steverife »

They were just treating it as a tuning session. They were making huge changes between every run.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

The ride to NCM track was just under 4 hours for me here in Seymour. The NCM autocross pad is 22 acres in size with new fresh asphalt. The surface is flat and smooth but right now is still a bit slick. This was the 1st event ever held on it so being a little slick was expected. On Saturday we had half the pad to get some practice time in (6) runs for me and Sundays event we got in 4 runs each. I think the final entries were around 188.
Very little down time changed workers on the fly. The only exception was for a Nissan Z blown engine and through oil on the return end of the track (1 hour) to clean up. They use wireless timing and it worked very well any issues were corrected very quickly. Lots of people camping out overnight with trailerd cars. Had quite a few tents also set up for those who like camping (no hook-ups) plenty of portable outhouses but need to change them out more frequently? I watched several women open the door look inside and quickly shut the door and walk away. There is a food truck on site and the menu was fairly good Ribeye, BBQ, hot dogs hamburgers, chili, nacho’s, pulled pork, breakfast as well.
The final results sheet posted on the website for some reason shows F Street with 13 cars 4 trophies but on the results sheets posted outside the trailer showed 5 trophies when they were giving them out at the end of the day I did get one and either way I’ll take it. Finishing 5th behind a lady driver was fine with me since Cindy Duncan was 2nd at Nationals this year in LFS. I did do better then a couple of 1LE Camaro’s and some Mustangs who had been eating me up at Pelli and Chat events.
I really enjoyed the venue…side run off looks tight but if you spin with both feet in you’re not going in the dirt. Yes, one Miata did make a trip in the dirt but quickly got out. If you were a spectator you had both sides the full lenth of the course to watch. I would have liked to have seen more ETR peeps show up you all would have done well there. TRSCCA is running its 1st event next year March 2015 at NCM cold asphalt???? I will defiantly go back for another one of these. My final air pressure on the new tires 38 front 34 rear still need to tweek pressures more.

Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
steverife

Post by steverife »

Nice job, Paul!
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Steve...somehow I missed you and Curt the entire day would have said hello....think I was working station 4 for your runs but so used to seeing you in the Honda.
Paul Breitweiser
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Best time 51.865 good for 5th place...lot's of driver mistakes I did not feel comfortable on any of the 4 runs and know I could have done better. They had me down as running 4th but latter said the car behind me who had cones on every run did not cone on his last run thus he took 4th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVA1ySddYEE
Paul Breitweiser