Auto Auction Today

Discussions related to Solo
oldmuscle69

Auto Auction Today

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Well hmm, turn wheel and car goes straight. Got sort of a figure and a W. Had fun today.I think parking lot pavement is a bit different from whats on a real road
Bob Colbert
John Brown

Re: Auto Auction Today

Post by John Brown »

It was lacking grip.. but, if you stayed tight.. it was much better.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
integra55

Post by integra55 »

had a blast today … the course was a lot of fun .. thanks JB … there were several places where I could have saved some time … each lap, I'd berate myself … dammit, why the heck did you brake there … to lose by .025 and know of those places … I gotta learn to drive better

I really didn't experience much lack of grip … maybe 'cause I was going too slow ?
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
steverife

Post by steverife »

Car turned okay, but it wouldn't put down power or stop. I think I took my Toyo's too far. People in more powerful cars used throttle in places I couldn't. It should be the other way around.

I wanted to do well today, so it was pretty frustrating.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Steve you did a great job today,I gun for your times in my car. I could not turn, but you could. That;s were you got me. Hope you had fun today.I want to thank every one involved in today's event for making it happen. And thanks for the Chatt folks that showed up as well,Eric rocks.
Bob Colbert
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I miss the courses from earlier this year that had a little speed and flowed. The last two have been pinchy and slow for the most part.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

I really, really enjoyed the course today. I'd never been to Adesa before, and expected more grip, but I wasn't complaining given the results and how much fun it was sliding around. I found it challenging in a way that was gratifying.

Also, the event ran like a top. Six runs per driver with so few mishaps is something to be proud of, and something to aim for at every event. Thanks to JB, JY, Disney and everyone else that played a part in pulling it off.

Ready for next weekend. :eating:
Lucas Coleman STM #72
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

The course was great. To me, the best course of the year, although I was not so good. I was slow learning how much to feather the throttle. I took a lot of rubber off the front tires.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
sentrase

Post by sentrase »

I also liked the course a lot, good mix of elements and speeds. Hankooks in the cold are unusable, unless I had some other issue.
Kristo K.
'13 Scion FR-S
STX 53
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I averaged 33 mph for the runs and top speed of 49 mph for a tenth of a sec. The course drove way tighter than I thought it would while walking. Probably the second slowest course I have run on in my 4 years of autox. Pilson averaged 34.6 mph per his fastest run and hit top speed of 51 for a short millisec.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I also thought it was the best one this year, except maybe for BMS.

Three cars on course really helps for a good event.

Special thanks to Brian and Ariel Robbins for working registration since NO ONE showed up to do that.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Yep, it drove tighter than I thought it would - even after a few runs. Wish I could have gotten more grip but those temps and the clouds conspired against that. I did finally drop half a second on my 6th run by staying tighter but I didn't want to go slower!

Hopefully the weather will hold out for next weekend so the kids and I can hit the kart track for one more day of fun before putting them away for the year.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Charlie Sykes and the other person that drives the greenish miata? i think one of them left a pair of shoes in the parking lot. im assuming the shoes are one of theirs since they were parked directly across from me, but anybody missing some shoes? :)
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Thanks to everyone who jumped in and helped on registration and timing. I thought the event went smooth and there were no reruns caused by timing issues so far as I know. A couple holds on start caused by people who decided to change classes without telling timing.

EDIT:

At least one person tried to fix the class problem but it didn't take. Possible communication problem between computers?
Last edited by Teufelshund on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

My fastest run, eventually. YouTube is supposed to be processing out the shakiness, so it could be interesting to see the before and after. I didn't think the course was all that bumpy this year, but the camera shows it ain't exactly smooth either.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing