Smack Talk 2015

Discussions related to Solo
Gen52SS

Smack Talk 2015

Post by Gen52SS »

When does the Thread "Smack Talk 2015" start? First week of February?
Last edited by Gen52SS on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
TedV

Re: Don't Want to Start This Topic Just Asking Start Date

Post by TedV »

The 2015 smack started before the last 2014 event. Thought you knew??
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Well since this is (Thanks Paul) the one lets get it going.There are a few whom might have tire selection issues but the rest of us should be ready to go.Rocky Hill seems to want to learn things from a driver of a supercharged Miata. W J said one of his friends can program a Sonic for 160HP. Dewitt has some suspension things to show out with. J B has been quiet and the Knoxvegas Lowballers as well.My car lost weight on the crank but has not been started yet to see if weight goes back on.J Coatney has been fishing for an idea. Harp was last seen driving in public with numbers and class on side of the car.J Y no telling what to expect.Team Ross Built has been quiet on past compression issues.And some seem undecided on what car to run sell or buy and what they would need to do. So here we have it can a Miata best a BRZ in the same class? I'll find out (once we get a small tire selection issue worked out) So will my raw be faster than Rocky Hill? Bet your rear I'll try.What has been missing is Carpenter,will he return for mayhem?
Bob Colbert
Gen52SS

Re: Smack Talk 2015

Post by Gen52SS »

Any regulars reading this planing on running F Street this season? I'd like to talk to you. ...if not I'll be forced to piss off some of these other people. Now that DeWitt realized he better move to ESP as his rule over FS had reached it's end. Step aside new King wants the crown. All of you who smoked my a$$ last year. ..Gary Kitel please don't show up. .lol ....Brady Dague who told me you never autocrossed before and kicked my butt eveytime you showed up ....Oh yeah please bring your Mustang this season.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I've decided on CAM-C instead of ESP. Cash flow is much improved by not having to buy a new set of wheels and tires, not to mention a trailer hitch and trailer. We'll see if there's more grip with wider wheels for a given section width tire. I'm going to mount the ZII's I had last year on the 9.5 inch rims I was using for my daily drive Conti's, now nearly worn out, instead of the 8.5 inch stock rims and use the stock rims for daily drive with somewhat narrower Conti's.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

I plan on more autox... but not sure where to go. Eric ... you running SSM? Dave ... what are you doing in 2015?
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
integra55

Post by integra55 »

oldmuscle69 wrote:Well since this is (Thanks Paul) the one lets get it going.There are a few whom might have tire selection issues but the rest of us should be ready to go.Rocky Hill seems to want to learn things from a driver of a supercharged Miata. W J said one of his friends can program a Sonic for 160HP. Dewitt has some suspension things to show out with. J B has been quiet and the Knoxvegas Lowballers as well.My car lost weight on the crank but has not been started yet to see if weight goes back on.J Coatney has been fishing for an idea. Harp was last seen driving in public with numbers and class on side of the car.J Y no telling what to expect.Team Ross Built has been quiet on past compression issues.And some seem undecided on what car to run sell or buy and what they would need to do. So here we have it can a Miata best a BRZ in the same class? I'll find out (once we get a small tire selection issue worked out) So will my raw be faster than Rocky Hill? Bet your rear I'll try.What has been missing is Carpenter,will he return for mayhem?

shoot Bob, the Sonic comes from the factory with 140 hp … all the articles I've read and folk I've talked to say the 93 octane tune will nearly double the hp AND the torque … 'course that would knock it out of Street

still haven't decided what to do about tires :(
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
steverife

Post by steverife »

I may just try to find co-drives for a while. Really busy with work and some other things...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

hell, i just hope im not DFL every race this year. but, if it happens, i guess that's the price of trying to get faster and jumping in the deep end of the pool!
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Hey bud, you're #94, btw. I registered as 94 for the national events because the first number is what secures the entry.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I started it, got it to op temp and timed it.THEN I drove it. If I can get the clutch pedal to work correctly WhOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Bob Colbert
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

oldmuscle69 wrote:So will my raw be faster than Rocky Hill? Bet your rear I'll try.
I'll be out with a bit less weight and a bit more tire this year, looking forward to seeing how close in RAW time we maintain. A new 1.6 will also be going in, the last one had crank wobble on par with a paint shaker.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Now that I should be able to back up... and the diff should be working better now that it is rebuilt as well I expect nothing to change...lol

Since there's no other SSR cars here ( one thing I miss about my old region ) I'll just trudge along in pro and hope the pressure from the sharks in the class causes cones and allows me to get some points. That is if I ferment tip get those etr stickers.

I'll be experimenting with some tire sizes and class legal spacers tip for them and see how that works.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

What is SSR?

edit:
... nevermind I found this thing called "google" :). I was hoping it was something I could run in, but it appears not.
Last edited by EliseAutoXr on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

The last remaining "Stock/Loosier" class.

All other "stock" classes are now "street"
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3