Annual Tech Inspection color poll

Discussions related to Solo

What color do you want the Annual tech inspection sticker to be?

Orange
31%
Blue
10%
Pink
7%
Red
14%
Purple
2%
Green
2%
Yellow
7%
White
7%
Grey
No votes
Black
19%

Total votes: 42

RxCritical

Re: Annual Tech Inspection color poll

Post by RxCritical »

Ok, so the plan is to use the same design as last year. It will include the year but not a specific date. What I am looking at is possible going with 2 different colors and maybe a version that mounts on the inside of the window. But as we are only ordering 100 it all depends on how difficult it is on the printer to make different versions. It's not like its a huge order. I am strongly leaning to a different color each year.
We will continue to NOT honor other regions inspection stickers. It just gets too complicated for someone to tell you have been properly inspected and I want one of my team to look at each car at least once.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
sentrase

Post by sentrase »

MARKP wrote:Personally, I thought last year's sticker was perfect. Nothing to fade, it wasn't an obvious "racing" sticker, and it had the year on it. ETR knew what it meant and that is all that matters. My $.02. :-)
+1
Kristo K.
'13 Scion FR-S
STX 53
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

MARKP wrote:Personally, I thought last year's sticker was perfect. Nothing to fade, it wasn't an obvious "racing" sticker, and it had the year on it. ETR knew what it meant and that is all that matters. My $.02. :-)
+2
Brian Robbins
XP 45
integra55

Post by integra55 »

TedV wrote:" ETR Annual __ /__ /__ ". Sharpie marker in the date of tech.
even better
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

I think we should stick with the decal with the year on it. Looks better and sharpie is liable to fade or become illegible. The actual date doesn't really matter as long as the year is current does it? Tech later in the year necessary for changes made to the car will have to be on the honor system anyway.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

RxCritical wrote:Ok, so the plan is to use the same design as last year. It will include the year but not a specific date. What I am looking at is possible going with 2 different colors and maybe a version that mounts on the inside of the window. But as we are only ordering 100 it all depends on how difficult it is on the printer to make different versions. It's not like its a huge order. I am strongly leaning to a different color each year.
We will continue to NOT honor other regions inspection stickers. It just gets too complicated for someone to tell you have been properly inspected and I want one of my team to look at each car at least once.
Brian, see above. I will be using the same design.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

I like the idea of having options. :) Year is the important part.

The inside-the-windshield thing seems like an unecessary pain to me. These are durable vinyl stickers, and they only need to last a year. I don't think there's much risk of fading or falling off in that timeframe.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

The 2015 stickers were very durable. I had a windshield replaced and the installer was able to save the tech sticker and put it on the new glass.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
sentrase

Post by sentrase »

If people want to put the sticker on the inside surface, they can do so with the existing version. The "2" and the "6" will be backwards, but the it will serve it's intended purpose.
Kristo K.
'13 Scion FR-S
STX 53
TedV

Post by TedV »

Yeah, sharpie marker can fade over time. I just looked at the CM car, can still read the sharpie from Feb 22, 2008 and what event was June 1st in 2007??? Yup, will fade some time after 8 years if the car is kept in a garage. :|

The vinyl with the year is small and innocent looking. It works. :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

The paper sharpie ones that nationals uses come off when wet...unless you want them to come off, in which they don't.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

+3 and I don't see the need for an inside version.
- Dave Disney
CaptJordi

Re: RE: Re: Annual Tech Inspection color poll

Post by CaptJordi »

sentrase wrote:If people want to put the sticker on the inside surface, they can do so with the existing version. The "2" and the "6" will be backwards, but the it will serve it's intended purpose.
We did them last year and all that would need to happen is we will reverse the image when we cut and it will be right.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

How about instead of a year this year we use the number 55. Walter's old number. If they haven't been made yet. Chad.
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

I have already put the order in. I will ask Gary if he has made them already.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy