TUBING

Discussions related to Solo
John Brown

Re: TUBING

Post by John Brown »

Bob, you don't have to run a wide band with a MegaSquirt. I have one on my car for tuning only..its NOT legal any more(in STS) to run your car with a Wide Band. I couldn't tell any difference in the way it ran.

If your gonna go the MS route, your gonna have to pay more for tuning than you pay for the unit. The intake stuff is "relatively" very cheap to make/install.
I have all kinds of spacers,that I don't run any more.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
TedV

Post by TedV »

integra55 wrote:I betting even Ted can't translate this ... LOL
I have it translated, but no time to type it out. Will get it at lunch break. Please stand by
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
TedV

Post by TedV »

translation:
"I was at a loss for what FMIC stood for. First thing to come to mind was "Feffen Mental Idiot Crazy". Except I don't mean effing. I mean the grand daddy of all grand daddies of colorful metaphors that you can't repeat. "OH FUUUUDGE" being the usual safe for work wording.

I'm a little disappointed I haven't received a phone call to assist me with getting the correct parts to upgrade my STS Miata. My funding for this is limited and would prefer to buy the correct items the first time. I have cash but no credit cards. If I have to order online, I have no easy way to do that. I would gladly reimburse someone with cash if they order the parts. I have picked my own brain on how to accomplish this and frankly my mind is blank on how to complete this task. I have nothing left to pick out of my head on this subject. However, I would greatly appreciate those in the know of the exact parts I need to let me pick their brains for a more accurate parts list. I feel if I purchase without that information I will end up with a cobbled together mess that will perform less than desired all while being more aggravating than leaving the car the way it is now.

Thank you for your considerations. "
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
MARKP

Re: RE: Re: TUBING

Post by MARKP »

TedV wrote:translation:
"I was at a loss for what FMIC stood for. First thing to come to mind was "Feffen Mental Idiot Crazy". Except I don't mean effing. I mean the grand daddy of all grand daddies of colorful metaphors that you can't repeat. "OH FUUUUDGE" being the usual safe for work wording.

I'm a little disappointed I haven't received a phone call to assist me with getting the correct parts to upgrade my STS Miata. My funding for this is limited and would prefer to buy the correct items the first time. I have cash but no credit cards. If I have to order online, I have no easy way to do that. I would gladly reimburse someone with cash if they order the parts. I have picked my own brain on how to accomplish this and frankly my mind is blank on how to complete this task. I have nothing left to pick out of my head on this subject. However, I would greatly appreciate those in the know of the exact parts I need to let me pick their brains for a more accurate parts list. I feel if I purchase without that information I will end up with a cobbled together mess that will perform less than desired all while being more aggravating than leaving the car the way it is now.

Thank you for your considerations. "
P.S. what's this sticky stuff on my finger? [emoji1]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
integra55

Post by integra55 »

TED ... ??? is that an actual translation or best guesstament ? :lol2:

that's pretty good ... you should take up short story writing as a side income steam :lol:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Sorry there are things that got wrong more details at a later time. Paul and I want to go to the Pro class this year, He thinks he knows it all and I think I can drive it all. Should be fun. Not sure what we will be driving,but !!!!!!!!! Oh PS if your mate does not know what the sticky stuff on your fingers is then you might need to ask what happened to you at the bar.
Bob Colbert
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Gave up on this issue for the time being. did find out that if you have a plastic welder it also will do a good job on ears if a Q tip is chucked in.
Bob Colbert