TUBING

Discussions related to Solo
oldmuscle69

TUBING

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Ok, here is my wants.2.5 inch aluminum thin wall six feet. Or 2.75 thin wall plastic tube that can be moulded into shape and cut and re attached,glue or plastic welding.At one point before I wanted this stuff I had a piece of the plastic tube,rough outside smooth inside.Could have been from a military application,not sure now.Wheel spacers,who has a few extra ones? Wide Band vs Mega Squirt and adjustable fuel regulators or something like that. Six hundred to six fifty pound front springs also in question. Panic is looking,anyone else have an idea where to find such items? The whole idea behind my car is it has more used parts than new,and I have fun. I am welcome to all who respond and THANKS. have a good night.
Bob Colbert
90civichb

Re: TUBING

Post by 90civichb »

The tubing you can get on ebay for cheap, the welding is usually the expensive part.

What size wheel spacers and bolt patter are you looking for?

I don't fully understand the wideband vs. Megasquirt comment. What do you want to achieve with them? An adjustable FPR is nice for boosted applications coming close to a high injector duty cycle, but an NA car won't see a benefit without other tuning.

Are you planning on staying in sts or will you be playing in stm this year?
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

6061 aluminum thin wall, 4x100 pattern spacers 1/8, I have the application to make timing adjustments with out a chip.Wide band and regulator and gauge works on my heap.With squirt cant have the adjustable regulator that goes higher than squirt. Trust me I've been making a bunch of calls and the tube market seems to be cornered .If you know where to get the same tube that Vibrant uses let me know.
Bob Colbert
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

The tube market. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

Megasquirt can work with an rrfpr, as far as I know, but I'm not sure why you'd want to, especially on an otherwise stock, n/a car.

Why 6061 thin wall? The ebay stuff is plenty light, and easily welded. I think you're making this overly complicated.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

i'd like a bit of a tan on the plugs,mine look like crackers without windows, Link up the tubes I'll see what ya say that way.
Bob Colbert
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

Yep....someone's gonna have to translate for me. :lol:

The tan on the plugs, as I understand it, is a rough measure of cylinder temperature. It should extend up the electrode about halfway, or to the bend. A rrfpr is arguably useable for ghetto turbo builds on the stock computer (to dump more fuel under boost), but it won't have any benefit on stock n/a engine management which is controlling injector pulse width based on the stock fuel pressure that the regulator is set to. You'll mess with your AFRs without any way to adjust it. A standalone like Megasquirt controls timing and pulsewidth independently, so you can tune for optimum power or the perfect tan lines.

This is the sort of piping I was talking about, I'm sure you've seen it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-8PC-2 ... Hw&vxp=mtr
Lucas Coleman STM #72
integra55

Post by integra55 »

hey ... I like perfect tan lines ...

wait... are we talking about the same things ? :eating:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Lucas if that comes with all shown then I want one. Only problem is me and E Bay do not connect. If all shown comes in a box I'll pay you $ 100.00 cash. get It!!!
Bob Colbert
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Goat, if the tan is not correct then the sun is not shining correctly. There might be a bit more gas to be drank.
Bob Colbert
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Lucas call 235-9282
Bob Colbert
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

When talking tubes what does FMIC mean ,Is that like inside or outside diameter or wall thickness just asking. Or is it the crap they use to build the tubes?
Bob Colbert
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

Front mount inter cooler
Lucas Coleman STM #72
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Effen mental idiot crazy,Is what I thought but that's OK Ya still did not call. I ran out of boogers so I thought your brain would work.
Bob Colbert
integra55

Post by integra55 »

I betting even Ted can't translate this ... LOL
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245