**2016 Tire Rack Thunder Valley Showdown**

Discussions related to Solo
MARKP

Re: **2016 Tire Rack Thunder Valley Showdown**

Post by MARKP »

As with other national events, I'm sure there will be groups of us eating and drinking at various establishments. I doubt there will be a place for 60-70 of us to attend as a group.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Contrary to what some of the posts may have appeared, I think I can speak for most anyone on this thread when I say we do welcome anyone in STM and appreciate the hard work you put into your cars and participation in the event. I think some of us really thought the STM people would have been excited to run a Match Tour. I guess we missed that one.
I was trying to say the same thing, but with my usual tactlessness. That's not an apology, by the way. I meant every word. But I could have phrased it better.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Lucas I again apologize if any one has or seems to have offended you or any stm drivers. As you stated a year ago I was approached by more than 12 stm drivers about being able to participate in the match tour If we got to host one. I know I am just surprised by the turnout in stm and not mad at any one which includes other etr drivers from other classes that are not signed up that I thought would definitely be there and more probably will sign up once the weather is available to see if we will have rain. I totally get it when money is involved and do understand some that don't want to spend 80.00 entry fee and drive to and from bristol each day or spend the extra cash on a motel room. The match tour offers more runs for your money than any other national event and a shoot out as well and I tried for a better pax but I also understand nationals office of erring on the safe side as we still allow 140 tw which also was a hold up on a better pax as we all know the 200 tw tires are better it was a issue with the national office in getting the pax. I again apologize for any issues that I or anyone else has caused.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
joker717

Post by joker717 »

Cody, Lucas one of you guys could codrive with me in STS it's one of the most fun classes and always wanting more people. If you could stand driving a FWD Civic.
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

jcox07 wrote:Lucas I again apologize if any one has or seems to have offended you or any stm drivers.
No apologies necessary, only thanks to you from our end. STM is a catch-all class and a place, I think, for a lot of people who probably wouldn't autocross otherwise. I just want to make sure we keep them interested and attending, and not make them feel unwelcome.
dewittpayne wrote:I was trying to say the same thing, but with my usual tactlessness. That's not an apology, by the way. I meant every word. But I could have phrased it better.
I will see your tactlessness and raise you petty insults. It's all good. :lol:
Lucas Coleman STM #72
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

thrdeye wrote:Again, cody...lucas....you should cinsider codrive with each other in my RX8 in STX. It can do it with a good driver...and you both are certainly that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
joker717 wrote:Cody, Lucas one of you guys could codrive with me in STS it's one of the most fun classes and always wanting more people. If you could stand driving a FWD Civic.
Thanks for the codrive offers from both of you, but I must politely decline. I'm pretty confident that I'd be terribly slow in any other car than my own, and I don't want to jeopardize my "reputation." :wink:
Lucas Coleman STM #72
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Folks, everyone has a different and unique value system. And that is a good thing. And it applies to how we spend our time. :D :D
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

just want to point out to those that are on the fence on driving two days and spending the money on a hotel, there are camp grounds very close to the track, including one that has a brewery, and both have cabin options besides just tent camping. Shadrack is open year round, not sure on Thunder Mountain. Maybe not glamorous, but could be a cheaper option than a hotel.
http://thundermountaincampground.weebly.com/
http://shadrackcampground.com/year-round-camping/
Last edited by CaptJordi on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Good point... I think my room at Quality in was $70 with my SCCA discount. Split two ways, it's $35 and they feed you breakfast.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
timray

Post by timray »

Talked to some KY guys today who always wanted to attend a tour but didn't have a class to play in. Thx for your work JY, I think I may have some KY boys to play in STM.
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Paul,

There are other regions besides CKR with open street tire classes. They call them different names like RTU. I'm not sure if they know that they could run in STM at the Match Tour in Bristol.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

timray wrote:Talked to some KY guys today who always wanted to attend a tour but didn't have a class to play in. Thx for your work JY, I think I may have some KY boys to play in STM.
Thanks Tim!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Yeah, just now saw your post Tim, the more the merrier and we thank you for your helping get new blood to run at our national event.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

dewittpayne wrote:Paul,

There are other regions besides CKR with open street tire classes. They call them different names like RTU. I'm not sure if they know that they could run in STM at the Match Tour in Bristol.
Thanks Dewitt...yes I know some regions run similar class I'll address that in my next promotion to the other regions. I did find out yesterday at the Solo meeting that National events do have a 100db sound limit even though the site (drag strip) we know is much higher.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Looking for some volunteers (3) if possible to help me sell tickets for the Test & Tune Friday. Need coverage from about 10:30am to mid afternoon. We can split the time so you'll have plenty of time to get in some runs yourself. The club makes a lot of money on the sale of T&T tickets who's up for this? :?:
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black