Missed you Walter Jones!

Discussions related to Solo
Teufelshund

Re: Missed you Walter Jones!

Post by Teufelshund »

Gen52SS wrote:What about Station Chiefs with radio...responsibilities to oversee all the worker stations ...walk around and observe different stations from a distance (unseen) make sure each station is performing their responsibilities also can rotate between stations for additional hands on training.
I think we just need to have experienced corner chiefs to keep everyone pointed in the right direction. If anyone needs any extra attention and the worker jerk cant get to them, we usually have a couple core guys that could go take care of it. I don't think it needs to be an additional work assignment.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Agreed... And this was event # 1 and everyone is rusty too.
Perhaps as the workers are checked in there's some discussion at the next event to those that will be a station chief?
This will sort itself out... It was raining, hard to see crayon at times in that.. Plus first event with new people.It happens.
If we were having this same talk after event 3, then this needs really looked at
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I plan on giving The Gunny speech at every event as worker chief and being out on course some.

That said, after watching McCrary's runs, it's going to be tough to get pumped up for PSCC events, personally.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Awwwwwwwww, come on Harp.. Mark is tuff, but you have as good a chance to beat him as we do. :mrgreen:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Missed Walter at the NASA Road Atlanta event as well :(

See you guys at Dixie!
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
black16g

Post by black16g »

John Brown wrote:Im not sure what we can do in order to get better station workers. In addition to the cone that Dewitt is talking about (that nobody saw) We had a cone knocked out of position after the monsoon..and almost never found the grease markings, so, I took the liberty to go all the way around the course remarking the key cones..apex,salom,etc ..
runs were going the whole time.. and as I checked these cones... I found 4 completely out of the boxes and 2 half out. I explained to the worker of the bottom salom to watch the rear of the car,and the cone... not the car. One cone got hit twenty-thirty feet from 3 workers... and nobody saw it. I had to place the cone back. I am glad J Ford was at the station to throw the RED flag to the FRS/BRZ at the bottom of the hill. :shock:
I was at station #1 and should've seen it. I admit I was trying to watch some of you pro guys for your full runs to get a better idea at how I could've gone faster (sorry :oops: ). Having said that, Gurneesh and I were doing our best considering the others put with us. I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus and like was said earlier some people are new. What I saw from my own corner was people not keeping there eye on the car and just staring off into one direction. I get it that its sucks to constantly be turning around but from a safety standpoint it's absolutely necessary. I think as the season goes on we will all be more alert.
Joey Richardson
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Joey, comparing my first run to all my others.. theres nothing you could have done to gone much faster than you did on that SNOT SLICK SURFACE.. :lol:

until it dried.. that was the slickest stuff I have ever driven on short of glare ICE !!
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

Great job on coarse setup JB considering the weather. Considering first event of year the day went very well. We started almost on time and kept good pace. Grid did good job of keeping cars to the line. One note I not sure who procures the ETRSCCA stickers but we have about 10 sets of red and black left and we are out of the white ones. Several new and old members were asking for them in white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Randy Adkins
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Thanks Randy!
And look at Chu!! Waaay up in pax! Good job!
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

TedV wrote:I thought I saw Walter out walking the course. :shock: logic said that wasn't possible so I put it down to the allergy meds I'm on.
It's Ok Ted I saw the same fart and had to to do a double take,sorta a bit shocking. I had to stop and look up and thank the Goat for our good times. And thanks for opening up the thread J.B. you are correct,sorta quiet in grid today.
Bob Colbert
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

that was the slickest stuff I have ever driven on short of glare ICE !!
It was worse for the first group, if you can believe that. For some reason, the starting line and most of the first slalom was the last to dry. It was weird seeing the driving line wetter than the surrounding pavement.

Jeff,

You were right about using stability control. In fact, I probably should have run in regular mode rather than Sport. It was that slick.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
steverife

Post by steverife »

It was really bad for that stretch of a few drivers first run second heat. I legitimately thought my car was broken. I was trying to see corner worker faces to see if they had a concerned look on their face.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Re: RE: Re: Missed you Walter Jones!

Post by thrdeye »

John Brown wrote:Awwwwwwwww, come on Harp.. Mark is tuff, but you have as good a chance to beat him as we do. :mrgreen:
Haha. That's not really what I was meaning. Just kind of bored with PSCC courses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Anybody want an only slightly used set of 275/35/19 Dunlop Direzza ZII's? I'm about to replace them with some 285/35/19 RE-71R's and if nobody wants them, they'll probably get thrown away. I'm still fairly happy with the BFG Rival S tires, but having a set of Bridgestones would give me another option for different conditions.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
oldmuscle69

Re: RE: Re: Missed you Walter Jones!

Post by oldmuscle69 »

thrdeye wrote:
John Brown wrote:Awwwwwwwww, come on Harp.. Mark is tuff, but you have as good a chance to beat him as we do. :mrgreen:
Haha. That's not really what I was meaning. Just kind of bored with PSCC courses.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk[/que Really!,did you just say that!........Go find us a new place Rover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Colbert