Miata People Help ASAP

Discussions related to Solo
disneyd
Site Admin

Re: Miata People Help ASAP

Post by disneyd »

Since we're telling stories....

I once went with a friend to look at what was described by the seller as "the best condition NA Miata in town". My friend was looking for a white one, so the pickings were slim anyway.

First clue was that it was off Magnolia Avenue.

We arrived to look at the car and it obviously had bondo in the windshield frame. I don't think it had been rolled, but something had happened to it and it hadn't been repaired very well. The inside of the trunk had been leaking and was nasty and the interior wasn't in much better shape. The engine had oil EVERYWHERE and the owner said they had forgot to replace the filler cap after the last oil change. From the mess I kinda didn't believe that. The top was pretty much shredded too.

We test drove it anyway and it was obvious that the front brakes were metal to metal on one side and maybe piston to rotor on the other. There were many other issues I can't remember, and the owner was asking a premium price.
- Dave Disney
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Sounds like you made the inspection and your choice was not to buy.Good boy paul !!!!You avoided a wreck.
Bob Colbert
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Me and Chris drove to ATL to look at a "really clean" NA. There was a cat living in it...
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

and a dent the size of a pumpkin in one of the doors.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3