Rallycross is January 27

Discussions related to Rallycross
PushinTheLimit

Re: Rallycross is January 27

Post by PushinTheLimit »

Getting to run a Polaris sideXside for a RallyCross would be so much fun! I would think since they are allowed to do autox... why not RallyCross 8)
Michael Smith
C5 Z06
ST2 #10
TedV

Post by TedV »

Knox MSP wrote:Who is in charge of this thing?
There is a rallycross committee forming. You may notice some of the same folks from the solo world, and some new faces. The chair for the event is Richard Lawrence in the Subaru Baja. New outback based Baja, not the original baja
Knox MSP wrote: Wanting to know if I can run a Mistubishi Mighty Max. It's as low as a car, so a high CG is not an issue.
What river mouse / Miles said.

I will look into the ATV question later but from memory vehicles need to be automotive based.
Last edited by TedV on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Josh_McCRX

Post by Josh_McCRX »

Really looking forward to this. I will be running a stockish 88 CRX HF. Tires and maybe shocks are my main focus before the event.
Josh McCoig

1995 Honda Civic Si - STM/SMF 23
2004 Honda Element EX 4WD - Adventurer
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

Anyone got any 13 inch knobbies I can barrow. Chad.
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

TedV wrote:
I will look into the ATV question later but from memory vehicles need to be automotive based.
hence why rallyX is so inactive compared to solo... short-sighted rules locking out a huge range of vehicles that would compete if allowed :roll: :cry:
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Meh I think rally has less participation across the board at all levels. Compare WRC to F1. Both are the pinnacle of their sport but F1 is incredibly more popular.

Rallyx takes a special breed and and in many people's opinions a throw away car in order to compete. Autox is something you can jump into with your DD with little concern. I don't think allowing ATV gators etc would increase participation much.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

ke0ki2k wrote:
TedV wrote:
hence why rallyX is so inactive compared to solo... short-sighted rules locking out a huge range of vehicles that would compete if allowed :roll: :cry:
well SCCA is the Sports CAR Club of America :P :lol:

The 7 pages of rallycross vehicle categories and specs starts off with "open to any fixed roof production based vehicle". Some folks are mad there are now 9 rallycross classes. I admit I do see rallycross harder on a vehicle than autocross. I also admit our TN roads are much better than the roads I learned to drive on in NJ. I wish I had a picture of my replacement I was training doing parts delivery in NJ when he wouldn't wear a seatbelt and I launched him off the seat from a pothole and his back hit the roof. :lol2: fun times

for ATV and UTV racing check out http://www.score-international.com/ or http://www.utvracingassociation.com/index.html :wink:
Ted V.
jcford80

Post by jcford80 »

Anybody have a co-drive seat open or would want to throw in on a rent-a-car? I'm not 25 yet so I'd have to pay a bunch extra to rent one...
Justin Ford
08 Solstice GXP
#151 Pro A-Street
04 Chevy Cavalier
#3 STC
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Can we run karts? :lol:
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

01badz28 wrote:Can we run karts? :lol:
Sure, as long as it has a roof and resembles the car the roof came from. Hmmm.. original mini cooper body on a side by side ATV/UTV... :twisted: :lol:
Ted V.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

TedV wrote: Hmmm.. original mini cooper body on a side by side ATV/UTV... :twisted: :lol:
Haupt probably has a Honda 600 or something similar laying around. :eating:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Remember the hopped-up street legal Polaris XZR that we let run an AX a while back??!
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
dfoulk

Post by dfoulk »

thrdeye wrote:Meh I think rally has less participation across the board at all levels. Compare WRC to F1. Both are the pinnacle of their sport but F1 is incredibly more popular.
In this country, it is true. If you compare spectator numbers in the rest of the world, WRC may come out ahead. A few years back, special stages in a few rallies had to be canceled due to being overwhelmed by extremely large and uncontrollable crowds.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2
Dewey Foulk
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I can see WRC being more popular than F1 in are the rally belt up in northern Europe.. but with Kimi coming back to Formula 1 I'd say its got the edge again. WRC coverage typically sucks IIRC.. need more onboard video and shots of the cars sliding through the fast sections, on the ragged edge. There is no racing so the only entertainment factor is their ridiculous bravery/car control.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
mx594m

Post by mx594m »

need a link to rules, class specifications

as I understand, fixed roof required [no convertibles]
any restrictions on transmissions?
tires?
glass?
body work?
tires?

what safety equipment?