Rallycross

Discussions related to Rallycross
thrdeye

Re: Rallycross

Post by thrdeye »

+1 to Mark and John. From what conversations I have had with folks it is clear that this could be one of the best sites in the nation.

I understand the frustration of the entry fee but the site owner is not a charitable contributor. He owns a business and his site happens to be very relevant to our interests.

Rest assured that the ETR boards and committee s work very hard to provide the best experience possible, but as with any of our events, our emphasis for this experience will be for those who are competing in the event not necessarily spectators

If the $10 gate fee is having an impact on any competitor being able to bring family with them, please message Richard or myself.

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

tbone wrote:From my view, as a 6 year rallycrosser, that has traveled a fair amount over the SEDiv and well beyond; this site is absolutely GOLDEN.

A new SEDiv rallycross program in the well-established ETR of the SCCA....and with a huge, 100% DD friendly, golf course-like site...in my experience, it doesn't get any better than this.

The rallycross programs in the SEDiv are Central FL Reg, East TN Reg, AL Reg and the TN Valley Reg.....that's it.
SEDiv is 7 States / 15 Regions (I think) = 4 Rallycross programs.

Those of us that do drive/play/compete understand the value of a site like this and would never take the opportunity for granted.

*KnoxMSP...I'll pay you and your wife's way in....just find me, old guy with goatee.
One condition though, become a positive voice for the program.
-T
That's pretty awesome! :rockon:
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Sorry, I agree that we should help promote the rallyx program. However, telling someone that they need to get their priorities straight because they are trying to make this a family event for themselves and trying to save money for THEIR family....isn't a good way to promote it either.

The foul language thing was just a comment and LOL at myself. I'd get kicked out after hitting a cone. Sheeeet. Or, think about telling a certain someone there isn't a Starbucks around. Both of us would be gone before we could finish the F word. Lol
2013 WRX
RacingDreamz

Post by RacingDreamz »

Who sets the pricing? The SCCA club or region or the location(RR)? Does the ETR SCCA set the driver's fee's and the spectators entry?
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
TedV

Post by TedV »

I typed out a reply and my phone ate it. Generally its negotiations between the sites requirements to open the gates and what the committee thinks competitors will pay to come out and play. The rallyX program is in its infancy here so we don't have a huge competitor base to pull from. Keeping fees affordable and if we have reliable sites to run at will bring more people out.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's