Rallycross

Discussions related to Rallycross
bugdewde

Re: Rallycross

Post by bugdewde »

When they see that they won't be getting any spectator money (definitely none of mine or my buddies), I bet the availability of the park for racing will go down, as a result.
Essentially, killing a good thing here.
Money hungry is one thing, bad business promotion is another...... sad.

I agree the driving fee is reasonable. If I attent the events, it will be as a driver, but sadly, no one will come with me to watch/participate.

Thanks to those of you who have worked to get this thing going. I hope it pans out for the best.
Oberstwill

Post by Oberstwill »

A bird in the hand is worth far more than a bird in the bush............I bet this guy would rather have some income than no income and he needs to get the "F" over himself................I can pull the taxes he pays a year and I bet we can negotiate based upon that figure if we nned to be "dicks"...........I bet it is public knowledge, just lie sales prices......Try Zillow as a reference, or county taxes.
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
04Baja

Post by 04Baja »

Stand down, all is well. We have lowered tje spectator fee to $10 and 12 n under are free. Total to race is $35 for scca members and $50 for non memners.
Richard Lawrence
RALLYCROSS Chairman
04 SUBARU BAJA TURBO
91 SUBARU LEGACY TURBO
Smoky Mountain Rally Car on Facebook
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

04Baja wrote:Stand down, all is well. We have lowered tje spectator fee to $10 and 12 n under are free. Total to race is $35 for scca members and $50 for non memners.
What about ETR volunteers (non-drivers)?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
04Baja

Post by 04Baja »

Yes, Thanks Chris. We need a few voluntiers for the march 30th Rallycross event at the Redneck Resort in Sweetwater. We nees a dedicated timing person that can be there from 9:30 am till roughly 4:00 pm. We will also need a few others for misc jobs. There will never be a gate fee for scca voluntiers.
Richard Lawrence
RALLYCROSS Chairman
04 SUBARU BAJA TURBO
91 SUBARU LEGACY TURBO
Smoky Mountain Rally Car on Facebook
Knox MSP

Post by Knox MSP »

$10/head to spectate is ridiculous. I have a lot of friends that are coming to race, but I'm not going to pay $20 for the wife an kids to spectate. Oh, well. Like was said, way to ruin a good thing.
Joe Delligatti
2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege
#46 SM
gambit4000s

Post by gambit4000s »

Knox MSP wrote:$10/head to spectate is ridiculous. I have a lot of friends that are coming to race, but I'm not going to pay $20 for the wife an kids to spectate. Oh, well. Like was said, way to ruin a good thing.
Why is this even an issue? RR is 50 miles from Knoxville, someone willing to drive that far at 8AM on a Saturday but balks at $1/hr to spectate, should probably reevaluate their priorities.
Adam Tegethoff

Four rings covered in mud
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

gambit4000s wrote:
Knox MSP wrote:$10/head to spectate is ridiculous. I have a lot of friends that are coming to race, but I'm not going to pay $20 for the wife an kids to spectate. Oh, well. Like was said, way to ruin a good thing.
Why is this even an issue? RR is 50 miles from Knoxville, someone willing to drive that far at 8AM on a Saturday but balks at $1/hr to spectate, should probably reevaluate their priorities.
Not necessarily. I agree 110% with Knox MSP.

Plus, the rallyx program doesn't allow foul language. No, freaking way I would be allowed on site for long. Lol.
2013 WRX
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

gbwrx wrote:
Plus, the rallyx program doesn't allow foul language.

Really? As a person that firmly believes it's possible to communicate without cursing, that's kind of cool. I'm not offended by cursing, just choose to mostly not include those words in my personal vocabulary.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Gebbia I saw that post by Richard on Facebook. Was that you?

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

No, that wasnt me. But I believe in our first amendment.
2013 WRX
tbone

Post by tbone »

From my view, as a 6 year rallycrosser, that has traveled a fair amount over the SEDiv and well beyond; this site is absolutely GOLDEN.

A new SEDiv rallycross program in the well-established ETR of the SCCA....and with a huge, 100% DD friendly, golf course-like site...in my experience, it doesn't get any better than this.

The rallycross programs in the SEDiv are Central FL Reg, East TN Reg, AL Reg and the TN Valley Reg.....that's it.
SEDiv is 7 States / 15 Regions (I think) = 4 Rallycross programs.

Those of us that do drive/play/compete understand the value of a site like this and would never take the opportunity for granted.

*KnoxMSP...I'll pay you and your wife's way in....just find me, old guy with goatee.
One condition though, become a positive voice for the program.
-T
Tim B

#62 MA
#62 PA

RAW is REAL Racing.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

tbone wrote: *KnoxMSP...I'll pay you and your wife's way in....just find me, old guy with goatee.
One condition though, become a positive voice for the program.
-T
Hmm, fixes the problem right there, doesn't it.

I've been seeing all the comments on this and on Facebook. Know that I am not a rallycrosser and until the SEB succeeds in running me off from national Solo competition (I think they are trying pretty hard), I probably won't be. However, let me throw my ETR board member hat on for a minute. The Rallycross guys have worked hard to get this program off the ground. This is something that I honestly thought would never happen here but it seems to be working. The last thing I want to see happen is that we, as ETR members, jeopardize this thing in its infancy. Sites are hard to come by and from what I have heard, we have a good one. Bashing the program or the site on a public forum is probably not wise for the longevity of the program or the site.

Please don't think I am saying you shouldn't have an opinion or you shouldn't voice it. I would hope you would voice your opinions on this directly to Richard or the other members of the Rallycross Committee instead of on a public forum where those that might log in to see what is going on could interpret this in a negative manner, especially those that may hold the keys to a site that we could use.

Thanks and keep up the good work, rallycross guys!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

and from the asphalt side of things too... I totally agree with Pilson on his comments.. Im not a rally guy,but its a viable program that may one day be our only means of play time,the way pavement is getting..
Lets get the positive word out.. it looks like a few out of towners appreaciate it more than we do. Or is it because they are more experienced and know what we have at our fingertips?
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Volunteers gets in Free!
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)