Interest in Rally Cross in Rogersville?

Discussions related to Rallycross
RacingDreamz

Interest in Rally Cross in Rogersville?

Post by RacingDreamz »

Hello. Our non profit, Racing Dreamz, has recently leased the old Cherokee Kart facility and the surrounding acreage with it. We have renamed it Racing Dreamz Raceway. Current plans are to host kart racing on the 1/4 mile oval track. However, there is another 20 acres east of the track that we have access to also. We were thinking of paving a road course on this property and tie it in with the oval. But with the cost to pave it, I dont think we would have the funds to cover that. So, someone suggested using this for Rally Cross. The terrain is relatively flat and we could cut a fairly wide swath thru and create an excellent off road/rally cross course. But before we do, I'd like to gauge the interest first.

Would there be interest in the East Tennessee Region SCCA hosting Rally Cross racing at the Racing Dreamz Raceway? We, of course, would do everything we can to make it possible and abide by all by laws you have. Please feel free to leave your reply here or email me directly.

I will say this, all proceeds will go to the Racing Dreamz general fund.

Thanks

Ben Jones
Chairman, Racing Dreamz(501c3 non profit organization)
www.racingdreamz.org
ben@racingdreamz.org
423-297-8228
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
TedV

Re: Interest in Rally Cross in Rogersville?

Post by TedV »

Thanks for offer. I sent Richard, our rallyX chair, a message bringing this to his attention. We will try to work out a day and time he and some of the rallyX safety stewards can come out and look over the fields.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
RacingDreamz

Post by RacingDreamz »

Thank you, Ted.
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

:rockon:
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
slowautoxr

Post by slowautoxr »

What's the address of the facility?
Charles
SEDIV RallyCross Steward
TedV

Post by TedV »

I believe it is 154 racetrack rd, rogersville, tn. Obviously around the circle track, not the dragstrip next door. We will have to find out which area's are available for our use and various other details. Richard was on the road working when I spoke with him earlier today and will check it out, get the numbers to call when he gets in.

link here to google maps I hope
Ted V.
RacingDreamz

Post by RacingDreamz »

The acreage to the east of the oval. We are leasing the oval, that acreage and the acreage just north(above) the drag strip.
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org
matt15fan

Post by matt15fan »

I can go look at this if y'all need me too.
Matt Earl
2004 Ford Focus ZX3 Rally Car
TedV

Post by TedV »

Thanks Matt. Currently we are waiting on Ben to get all the paperwork on the lease sorted out. Once that is done we can go have a closer look
Ted V.
RacingDreamz

Post by RacingDreamz »

Unfortunately, the Rogersville raceway is out. The land owner has determined it was too much aggravation to deal with the 1 form paperwork and taking our money. He has decided to let his 60 acres and the kart track grow up in weeds and brush. Someone spooked him about his property taxes and non profits(false information) and he spook with his attorney. Then I spoke with his attorney and there were no issues. Just too much of a bother for the old guy to deal with. So he told me he does not want to go through with our agreement.

In the mean time, we are searching for other property from Johnson County on down to Knox County for both our Racing Dreamz racing facilities and to host Rally X racing.

If anyone knows of about 60 acres in pasture or unmarketable timber, that's fairly level, please let me know. As a non profit, we can use the property for our charitable needs and the owner will not have to pay property taxes on it. Plus receive a 'gratuity' payment for "Donating the Use" of their property to Racing Dreamz.

I apologize for not notifying ETR SCCA for this decision earlier. We've been extremely busy trying to find other locations. I will keep everyone informed if we find anything.
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org