Maybe a big field in Washington county?

Discussions related to Rallycross
Brad Lee

Maybe a big field in Washington county?

Post by Brad Lee »

Might anyone be interested in a big open field in Washington County maybe available for rally cross? If so, can someone get me in contact about this possibility. Thanks.
Aaron B. TR6
TedV

Re: Maybe a big field in Washington county?

Post by TedV »

Where about in Washington co.? Richard Lawrence has been the general rallyX chairperson, I'm a bit more active on the forum here. We aren't exactly close to Washington Co to be able to run out and look after work. However, if the site looks promising, we might be able to get Curt to run by, have a look and if still promising, the rallyX safety stewards can head that way to look it over on a weekend. :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Brad Lee

Post by Brad Lee »

Thanks. It's in the Limestone region of Washington county... About a couple miles off highway 107. It's 22 acres of vacant unused farmland and it would make an awesome place for a rally cross once the land is cleared. It needs to be mowed to have a better look at it. I'm currently awaiting reply for more info from part of the County commission about this possibility. A fraction of the land is mine the rest belongs to family members. I was mostly wondering how this works to bring in the SCCA to conduct such an event. I've been to autocrosses so I know a good bit about how that works.
Aaron B. TR6
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Limestone? That's home! I would Love to see a RX that close. Let's get together and I can take some pics to relay back to TedV and Richard.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
Brad Lee

Post by Brad Lee »

We can do that. I'm quite positive about it too. I'm having the place mowed ASAP to have a better look. It's wide open flat terrain mostly and some good hills to spectate from. My buds and I used to drive our cars, trucks, and dirt bikes a lot there so I know it well. We'll be in touch as I get info about how this works between the landowners and SCCA and whatever else it takes to put on such an event. Thanks.
Aaron B. TR6
TedV

Post by TedV »

Thanks Brad and Curt!
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Brad Lee

Post by Brad Lee »

I forget it's exact address but, it's on Brobeck Hill Road. If you turn right off of 353 a.k.a. Bailey Bridge Road, it's immediately on the right. It's a large rectangular shape of land. It's decently viewable on about any satellite image. It still needs to be mowed and trimmed to evaluate a good course but it has some potential.
Aaron B. TR6
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Yep, I know where it is. "South Central". Let me know when you get it mowed and I'll run by and take a couple pictures. I'm in Horse Creek a couple times a week, so no problem here. That's a nice spot!
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
gambit4000s

Post by gambit4000s »

PM Sent to Mr. Lee

I will be up in that area this week, and can swing by if it's convenient for you.

Edit:

I spoke to Mr Bradley and will be stopping by on Saturday morning/midday, I will take photos and determine exactly what the dimensions are, anyone interested in joining me please let me know.

After speaking with Aaron, it appears to be the property centered @ 36.170915,-82.584876
Adam Tegethoff

Four rings covered in mud
gambit4000s

Post by gambit4000s »

I went and checked this place out last weekend, It looks to be a pretty good site.

Adam Tegethoff

Four rings covered in mud