2014 ETR RallyX #1 Jan 26

Discussions related to Rallycross
thrdeye

Re: 2014 ETR RallyX #1 Jan 26

Post by thrdeye »

Members are $35. :D

Go to scca.com and sign up for a membership. Bring us proof of membership and we'll let you run your first event as an SCCA member for free.

You'll get plenty of seat time....it's actually a bargain. There are other regions that charge more.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
makuserusukotto

Post by makuserusukotto »

thrdeye wrote:Members are $35. :D

Go to scca.com and sign up for a membership. Bring us proof of membership and we'll let you run your first event as an SCCA member for free.

You'll get plenty of seat time....it's actually a bargain. There are other regions that charge more.
That's still $65 to run an event!

I'm use to $30 AutoX's and $35 for non SCCA members down at the Huntsville RallyX.

But with the offer of letting me run my first event as a full member for free that would probably be worth it then. Saving $15 on every event after that this year certianly sounds nice.

Is there a link anywhere that explains the difference between prepared and modified?

And do you allow two people to enter in the same car (paying two entry fees of course)?
TedV

Post by TedV »

I'm on the cell phone and have an apointment to get to, I will post a link to the rallyX rules later.

Different sites have different costs to run at their facilities. I've heard some places charge $65 or higher for members to autocross. Economics suck. :-(

Yes, 2 drivers on the same car is fine. We usually try to have a 100 + the first drivers number system. So car 15 and 115 for second driver.

SCCA has announced they will be auditing membership and weekend member numbers this year. So, everyone PLEASE bring your membership card to registration. We won't be able to just take your word for it unless the person at registration knows for a fact you are an up to date member.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
na6r

Post by na6r »

2014 rules

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... 0Rules.pdf

nothing stops you from running a lower prep in a higher class.
Pat
Found an MF car
makuserusukotto

TedV wrote:I'm on the cell phone and have an apointment to get to, I will post a link to the rallyX rules later.

Different sites have different costs to run at their facilities. I've heard some places charge $65 or higher for members to autocross. Economics suck. :-(

Yes, 2 drivers on the same car is fine. We usually try to have a 100 + the first drivers number system. So car 15 and 115 for second driver.

SCCA has announced they will be auditing membership and weekend member numbers this year. So, everyone PLEASE bring your membership card to registration. We won't be able to just take your word for it unless the person at registration knows for a fact you are an up to date member.
I just joined the SCCA today, and it said it would take 7 days to recieve my card.

What can I do to prove new membership?

Sorry about all the very newb questions, I've only ever participated in 4 or 5 rallyx's over the past few years, so I'm still very new.

Are there loaner helmets on site?

It's certianly nice to have an event that is as close as Knox though! Hopefully I'll be able to make it to all of the events this year!
TedV

Post by TedV »

I believe if you did it online there should be confirmation with your member number. Print a screen shot of it I think has been ok in the past. Chris, can you confirm that?

We will have loaner helmets. anyone using them should remember that others will be needing them so don't grab one and hold onto it. Make the run and get it back to the helmet pile. Sometimes if only a couple of drivers/passengers need helmets its not a problem to hold on to them to make your runs, other times we have had to bug folks in grid so someone at the line can make their run.

newb questions aren't a problem. We all were newbs at some point.
Ted V.
makuserusukotto

TedV wrote:I believe if you did it online there should be confirmation with your member number. Print a screen shot of it I think has been ok in the past. Chris, can you confirm that?

We will have loaner helmets. anyone using them should remember that others will be needing them so don't grab one and hold onto it. Make the run and get it back to the helmet pile. Sometimes if only a couple of drivers/passengers need helmets its not a problem to hold on to them to make your runs, other times we have had to bug folks in grid so someone at the line can make their run.

newb questions aren't a problem. We all were newbs at some point.

Ya, I got an email with my number and stuff in it, I'll just bring a print out along with me of that. Thanks!
troubletown

Post by troubletown »

JSturg19 wrote:Awesome Casey! Have you all checked out the Motorsport Reg page or the Smoky mountain Rally Car Facebook page? We have a lot of info on there about our events and others as well. Do you know which class you'll be running?
We'll be running in Modified AWD...I think. :) The only other time I have run a Rallycross I ran in stock AWD, but that was years ago. I'm pretty sure I'm understanding the rules.
jcford80

Post by jcford80 »

The fact that I wasn't able to make the Daytona 24 this year and the temptation of only being able to ride along at the rallyX finally go to me.
I've decided to thrash on the Cavalier and get the new axles, rotors and pads, and camber plates on tonight and tomorrow and bring her out of autoX retirement and try out my first rallyX!
I pre-registered in Prepared FWD. I run STC in SOLO so I think I'm good.
Justin Ford
08 Solstice GXP
#151 Pro A-Street
04 Chevy Cavalier
#3 STC
jcford80

Post by jcford80 »

I had a blast out there today! Perfect weather minus the wind, fast course, and a perfect site to host RallyCross! I feel fortunate that we get to use the site especially since it's just down the road from me.
The Cavalier did awesome minus my strut mounts backing off! That's what I get for doing a 24hr thrash job on the car but it was all worth it. I think the Cavvy is just as good and gets just as underestimated at rallyX as it does in autoX. That's my favorite thing about it.
Here's what I assume was my fastest run of the morning. That back section was awesome and I considered 3rd gear but never tried it. Can't wait for the times to be posted. I hope to be at a lot more events throughout the year!
http://youtu.be/Wm4AwRYhCbI
Justin Ford
08 Solstice GXP
#151 Pro A-Street
04 Chevy Cavalier
#3 STC
jcford80

Post by jcford80 »

Here's what I assume was RJ's best in the Cobalt SS/TC. His 3rd run.
http://youtu.be/WknlYvXO6bo
Justin Ford
08 Solstice GXP
#151 Pro A-Street
04 Chevy Cavalier
#3 STC
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Looks like a good site

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

both y'alls 4th runs were the fastest. Justin, you coned every previous one and RJ coned the 4th but was still his fastest including the cone.

We have to come up with a better RallyX specific timing and scoring system. whew...
Ted V.
CobaltSSlow

Post by CobaltSSlow »

First off - thank you guys for putting on a phenomenal event. We went from "spectating" as of Thursday, to co-piloting the Cobalt by Friday morning and by that afternoon we were planning 24 hours of wrenching to get both cars together - and it was totally worth it. I was apprehensive about the terrain, but that quickly dissipated after a course walk - and it drove smoother than I thought it would on the walk! My face hurts and I'm not sure if its from the sandblasting from the 40mph wind or from smiling too hard. An absolute blast! Planning on being back on the 16th for sure. If I could say ONE thing, Its that as a first timer I would have loved to have had a way to check out timing, even if it had to wait until lunch. With so many variables existing in rally x it would be great to be able to see progression. It was interesting, though, to not be obsessed with the clock and to just try and go as fast as possible - so there's that. Anywho:

Here is my last run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrHcbb6L10 which apparently was the fastest

Did anyone on course see where I coned on my last run? I'm thinking It was the pass. side cone nearest to that hay bailer, but I really couldn't tell.