3) Same as ETR Solo
No votes
4) other
No votes

Total votes: 8

TedV

Season Points discussion

Post by TedV »

We have discussed a little bit about the season points at previous meetings. This year is about to start so lets wrap this up. Current thinking is use one of the major rally points systems since it's what the Pro guys use, makes it easy. To not penalize folks who can't make every event, ETR Solo has:

You must enter at least 6 events to qualify for a year end championship. Your best 7 finishes for the season count towards the year end championship. For the RallyX I feel we should use that or enter 50% and best 60% towards the championship. Any ties to be broken by the driver with the highest average of points obtained for the number of events they ran.

1) WRC uses:

Position 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th
Points 25 18 15 12 10 8 6 4 2 1

2) GRC uses:

1st 20
2nd 17
3rd 15
4th 13
5th 12
6th 11
7th 10
8th 9
9th 8
10th 7
11th 6
12th 5
13th 4
14th 3
15th 2
16th 1

3) since previously the ETR solo program had a bunch of ties in the points races, the solo points were changed to:

Points are awarded to all drivers in ETR Solo events based on the percentage of the class winner’s time and the individual driver’s time. To determine the individual driver’s points, the winner’s time is divided by the individual driver’s time and multiplied by 100. All drivers, member or not, are scored.

The formula is: (Top Time in Class / Individual’s Time) * 100 = points

So, if top time in STS is 40.123 seconds, the winner’s score is: (40.123 / 40.123) * 100 = 100 points

and if second place’s time is 42.532 seconds: (40.123 / 42.532) * 100 = 94.34 points

And so on, until all competitors in the class are awarded points.

Please Note:

If a driver DNF’s (Did Not Finish) all runs, no points will be awarded to that driver.
Novice Classes are not eligible for season championships.

Choice number 1 is easiest to keep up with the points. The 3rd will best prevent ties but is the most labor to determine.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
thrdeye

Re: Season Points discussion

Post by thrdeye »

My question would be this before I vote. Do you plan on using AXWare? Or doing this manually?
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

Manual since we have smaller rallyX compaired to solo. We have been trying to make it easier to set up and run the events. Bringing the Solo rig is overkill so unless we get another timer interface I doubt we will use AXWare. I am reworking the UT Sports Car Club timer to work with our air line triggers. Until we get more entrants we will either use hand written time sheets or enter times into an Excel sheet.

Manual so far has been easier if we don't have a dedicated timer person who is fluent in the AXWare. At least for this year, until rallyX folks can work timing at Solo events and get fluent in the system, I don't see it changing to AXware.
Ted V.
04Baja

Post by 04Baja »

WRC scoring and you must attend 6 rallycrosses to be eligible for the championship and best 7 count. Ties should not be much of an issue but whomever attended the most wins, or if they both attended the same amount of events whomever had the higher placement average.
Richard Lawrence
RALLYCROSS Chairman
04 SUBARU BAJA TURBO
91 SUBARU LEGACY TURBO
Smoky Mountain Rally Car on Facebook
JSturg19

Post by JSturg19 »

In this instance the WRC method will probably work best. Another method that could be considered for future use would be the NASCAR method. If you have 10 drivers, the top driver gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9 points, progressively down to 1 point for last. Then give the driver with fastest overall time a bonus point
04Baja

Post by 04Baja »

An issue we knew we would have is that if someone makes all the races and averages 3rd and someone can't make them all and averages 2nd just barely, the guy that made them all should win but due to averages the other guy slips past. I just want everyone's thoughts so we can say we discussed this matter. :fight:
Richard Lawrence
RALLYCROSS Chairman
04 SUBARU BAJA TURBO
91 SUBARU LEGACY TURBO
Smoky Mountain Rally Car on Facebook
TedV

Post by TedV »

I've been trying to remember how ties were broken for the past solo points. Foggy memory has me thinking ifthey tied at 7 events, then looked at 8 events, 9 events, etc. Until the tie was broken.
Ted V.
na6r

Post by na6r »

WRC points as discussed. Plus 1 bonus point for the fastest lap in each sesion. That would give a class winner a possible 27pts per event. But the bonus could go to anyone. That should eliminate any ties.
Pat
Found an MF car
JSturg19

Post by JSturg19 »

That's why I was thinking about the bonus point, take care of ties