SCCA convention and rallyX meetings

Discussions related to Rallycross
TedV

SCCA convention and rallyX meetings

Post by TedV »

I will going to the SCCA convention in Charlotte to attend all the rallycross meetings. I don't know if the format will include much audience participation to ask questions/make comments, or if they will be lectures. If anyone has anything wanting to be asked or addressed at the meetings, let me know and I will try to address them there if I can.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
TedV

Re: SCCA convention and rallyX meetings

Post by TedV »

Notes from the 2014 SCCA convention as it applies to RallyX:

1) SCCA Pro-Racing and Global Rally Cross do not have a partnership this year. Looks like the few local folks who worked out well working corners might not be needed this year.
2) RallyX programs and participation across the nation is growing.
3) Charles Wright won an award for helping so many regions in the South East get their programs started.
4) There are 2 assistance packages from SCCA to help regions get a program going: The first is a land aquisition packet to help with land owners allowing the use of property. I picked up a few of the folders and will have them at the next meetings. Attention to details like telling them it is a driver skill event not "hey, we wanna race on your field". Also there is a rate reduction program to cut the sanction cost for a new regions first event, and an established regions use of a new property. This can be back dated to the first of the year. We need to get the paperwork filled out for our first event at I-75 in January.

5) Submission period for RallyCross Rules for the 2015 season ends June 15. If you have any ideas, get them in before the deadline. Submit requests rxb@scca.com
Also keep an eye out on Fastrack news for anouncement and requests for member input on letters to the board on various rules changes. For instance during the meetings the question of what to do when a tire debeads off a rim during a run. One member stated they red flag the car to prevent a possible roll over. Then they allow the person 10 minutes to change their tire and they get a rerun. ( I hesitated to ask if they let someone who's car broke some other way to fix it and take another run at the course) This same person said they believed if a competitors car broke and that the competitor jumped into another car, said competitor should not recieve any contingency reward if they win. (if all your runs are in a Subaru, why should it matter?) So, if you ever wondered where some of the rules come from, this is why. Not enough people paid attention to the rules commitiees and more members in favor of the odd ball rule wrote in.

6) I spent some time listening about the FarmTech timing system, used in horse barrel racing, and trying to hunt down another JACircuits timing box. It is generally believed it is best to have the solo and rallyX gear seperated out as soon as possible between a regions programs. So, will it be easier to track down another JACircuits box, or get all the solo competitors in a RallyX car? :lol: 8) :mrgreen:

I will review my notes later and add anything overlooked.
Last edited by TedV on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Jek

Re: SCCA convention and rallyX meetings

Post by Jek »

Charles Wright won an award forhelping so many reagion in the South East get their programs started.
Awesome, and well deserved!
David Black
Johnson City, TN
'97 BMW M3 - STU 48