Dynatorch Southeast National Challenge

Discussions related to Rallycross
TedV

Dynatorch Southeast National Challenge

Post by TedV »

Waiting on my car to show up to get on the road. There are 51 entries but I think some wont make it. Still plenty of time to grab a rental car and head on down to Huntsville.

Representing ETR looks like

Myself and Dana in Stock Front
Robert Squailia in Stock AWD
Sean McDonald said he was out of the event but still listed in Prepared RWD
Richard Lawrence in Modified AWD
Pat Mccartin claims to be ETR running in Modified FWD

Hope everyone has a fun time kickin up some Alabama dirt :fight:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
na6r

Re: Dynatorch Southeast National Challenge

Post by na6r »

Pat
Found an MF car
TedV

Post by TedV »

Cool Pat!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

we just got to the motel. Got inside right before one of the "scattered severe thunderstorms rolled thru. On the way we saw the other side of highway with torential rain and our side dry. Yup, the storms are that scattered. :lol:
Ted V.
gambit4000s

Post by gambit4000s »

Oh Hi! Are you related to Ted Bisscher?
http://teamtac.org/archive/2014/rallyx/ ... al_fin.htm
Adam Tegethoff

Four rings covered in mud
TedV

Post by TedV »

Sshhh, don't tell anyone. The Honda won't rev over 4k on some runs, won't accelerate, and won't spin the tires much in mud. Makes it kind of embarrassing. No codes from the computer. Oh well...the other local folk are doing OK tho. More mud runs this morning.
Ted V.
TedV

Post by TedV »

Results are posted. Lots of fun was had with some great folks even tho rain tried to dampen spirits. :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Their mud is better to run on than our clay mud.

Richard Lawrence in Modified AWD with some luck on his side was able to maintain his Saturday lead on Sunday after severe overnight thunderstorms with the help of some borrowed mud tires for his first National Challenge win.
Robert Squailia in Stock AWD picked up the last trophy spot with a 3rd place finish
Pat Mccartin in MF ended up one spot out of the trophies with a 3rd place. He turned a couple of runs faster than the class winner with the handicap of an open diff but wasn't able to make it into the throphies
Myself and Dana in Stock Front brought our hardware home on the trailer with what sounds like spun rod bearings. I somehow held onto 5th while Dana finished the class in 7th. The car seemed intermittently down on power Saturday, got stuck and had to be towed out of a mud bog during Sunday morning parade/recce run, then made all kinds of knocking noises after Sundays first runs.
Sean McDonald found something else to do beside play in the mud of Alabama :P

as a side note for anyone who knows how loud I can drop the F-bomb after hitting timing lights with a Huntsville "offset pinch cone before a bump and then tight finish" I drop the F-bomb just as loud after realizing Dana's daily driver has spun its bearings. That same style of hard left to get around a cone then back hard right to get thru the finish was in place today in the swampy area of mud. Several cars came close to the lights but only spun and took out the cones.
Ted V.
na6r

Post by na6r »

That race broke my fun-o-meter!
Pat
Found an MF car