New locations for Rally X?

Discussions related to Rallycross
Post Reply
RacingDreamz
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 pm
Location: Mountain City, Tn.
Contact:

New locations for Rally X?

Post by RacingDreamz » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Who's in charge of this regions Rally X events? Is the SCCA ETR taking a look at other locations to host events? I would like to speak with this person if all possible.
Thanks
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org

thrdeye
Posts: 12865
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:31 pm
Location: Lenoir City

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by thrdeye » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:42 am

Richard Lawrence and Ted Visscher typically handle site acquisition for the Rally program. Sites are tough to come by that are actually usable, and most people don't appreciate ruts on their property. If you have a site, post it in this thread (address or long/lat) and we can take a look at it and maybe discuss at next months meeting.
Chris Harp
2016 Mazda MX5 - PCS 194

TedV
Posts: 5425
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:55 pm

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by TedV » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

I have passed the information on to Richard on the last property you mentioned. I haven't prioritized looking at the property's you have sent since you are having difficulty securing land and the number of deals you have approached that have fallen through. At least we aren't the only folks having problems locating land to use. Via Google, I came up with this as the property https://www.google.com/maps/place/12065 ... e107b71f44

If a stock car can run across the field at 50mph and not be torn up, we can use the land to run on. We do need 25 to 50 feet of distance to any hard object like trees, creeks, rocks, pits, ditches, etc that could damage a car.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's

RacingDreamz
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 pm
Location: Mountain City, Tn.
Contact:

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by RacingDreamz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes this is the property that we are seriously talking with the owner about. If the SCCA find this 40+ acre pasture area to be sufficient for RallyX, we will move further in our negotiations on acquiring the property.
Another note: We have contacted motor sport circuit designer, Bob Barnard about designing the karting facility here. He has agreed and is waiting on our word to come and visit. Yes, things are that serious. So in respect to the SCCA Rally X, we will be making sure the track surface is smooth enough for RX. I hope that the SCCA can provide input for Bob to include RX into his design as Racing Dreamz will be initiating a RX karting program also when the course if finished. So if someone can contact me to arrange a visit to the site, I'd appreciate it. We want to establish a long term relationship to host RX here.
Thanks. :)
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org

MARKP
Posts: 8524
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:51 pm
Location: Farragut, TN

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by MARKP » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Just poking my nose in here but I have never heard of RX karting.
Mark Pilson
East TN Region RE
2005 and 2016 ETR Pro Class Champion (you know, the class that doesn't exist in the SCCA rulebook)

na6r
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by na6r » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:56 pm

TedV wrote:I have passed the information on to Richard on the last property you mentioned. I haven't prioritized looking at the property's you have sent since you are having difficulty securing land and the number of deals you have approached that have fallen through. At least we aren't the only folks having problems locating land to use. Via Google, I came up with this as the property https://www.google.com/maps/place/12065 ... e107b71f44

If a stock car can run across the field at 50mph and not be torn up, we can use the land to run on. We do need 25 to 50 feet of distance to any hard object like trees, creeks, rocks, pits, ditches, etc that could damage a car.
whats the drive time there from Alcoa or Maryville?
Pat
Found an MF car

TedV
Posts: 5425
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:55 pm

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by TedV » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:37 pm

na6r wrote:
TedV wrote:I have passed the information on to Richard on the last property you mentioned. I haven't prioritized looking at the property's you have sent since you are having difficulty securing land and the number of deals you have approached that have fallen through. At least we aren't the only folks having problems locating land to use. Via Google, I came up with this as the property https://www.google.com/maps/place/12065 ... e107b71f44

If a stock car can run across the field at 50mph and not be torn up, we can use the land to run on. We do need 25 to 50 feet of distance to any hard object like trees, creeks, rocks, pits, ditches, etc that could damage a car.
whats the drive time there from Alcoa or Maryville?
about 1.5 to 1.75 hours. depending on traffic.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's

RacingDreamz
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 pm
Location: Mountain City, Tn.
Contact:

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by RacingDreamz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org

RacingDreamz
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 pm
Location: Mountain City, Tn.
Contact:

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by RacingDreamz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:51 pm

MARKP wrote:Just poking my nose in here but I have never heard of RX karting.
For the kids:
http://youtu.be/tQ6onepakQI

For the adults:

http://youtu.be/b0TCKu8NA40
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org

RacingDreamz
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 pm
Location: Mountain City, Tn.
Contact:

Re: New locations for Rally X?

Post by RacingDreamz » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 pm

After much discussion and negotiations, the site that we were looking at in Chuckey will not materialize, again. We apologize for getting some hopes up, mainly ours, but it was just not meant to be I guess. The property owner, an engineer, put way too much thought and engineering into it and kept coming up with potential problems. Even after Bob Barnard and him talked, and was reassured that all problems would be carefully addressed, he still could not see the brightness of the future. So, we keep looking.
Thanks to everyone for their support and we at Racing Dreamz hopes that one day we will be able to host the East Tenn SCCA Rally X. :)
Ben Jones
Racing Dreamz
www.racingdreamz.org

Post Reply