interest in a SARRC at NCM?

Discussions related to SCCA Road Racing, Time Trials, and PDX.
MARKP

interest in a SARRC at NCM?

Post by MARKP »

You guys probably know a road race was held at the National Corvette Museum earlier this year. The Cincinatti Region put on the event.

Someone has suggested that the SEDiv and Great Lakes Division get together and put on an event there and make it a combined regional event where you could get SARRC points. Is there any interest in participation from the ETR Road Racers? I could be wrong, but I think this is the closest track to us, although it is not in the SEDiv.

Please post up here and let me know your thoughts. I will pass a summary on to the SEDiv decision makers.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
DickCDawg

Re: interest in a SARRC at NCM?

Post by DickCDawg »

I would definitely run a double SARRC weekend at NCM if it fits the SeDiv schedule better. Was tempted to run the GL Div regionals there last weekend, but the schedule was just too tight with the Double SARRC/MARRS event at Summit Point this coming weekend and the Double SARRC/ECR at Roebling Road July 4th. Both Graser & I are going to Summit Point this weekend - we're currently 3rd & 4th in SARRC points so the opportunity to get more points won out over the NCM opportunity...

Dick Hancock
#39 ITA
Hirev

Re: interest in a SARRC at NCM?

Post by Hirev »

Hi from Kentucky Region SCCA.

We have been building our track program from scratch utilizing our wonderful neighboring regions like Cincinnati and Indiana Regions. Our vision includes all of the surrounding regions to join us in Bowling Green, Kentucky at the National Corvette Museum Motorsport Park. We truly believe it is for any region to come out and play.

We are currently planning an event on Halloween weekend on October 31st that includes the new SCCA Bracket Enduro and PDX. http://msreg.com/HallowWheel. Everyone is invited!

Contact me at "roadracing@KYSCCA.com" if your region or individuals have questions or desire to have some dialog about having some fun at NCM.