PCA AUTOCROSS SCHOOL AND AUTOCROSS REMINDER

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
vicrola

PCA AUTOCROSS SCHOOL AND AUTOCROSS REMINDER

Post by vicrola »

:arrow: Just a reminder that the Porsche Club of america is having an autocross school and autocross the weekend of March 19-20. The site is the old WalMart in Rockwood, TN. Take the Harriman/Rockwood exit off of I-40 West. Left at the bottom of the exit. 3.5 miles on your left. Saturday school starts at 1030. $15.00 per driver. Sunday autocross starts at 1100. $20.00 per driver. Pre-registration is not required, but we'd like to know if you're coming or not. Email me at : vicrola@knology.net. By phone, at 207.4303. See you there!

Vic
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

Does anyone know what the surface is like? If it is anything like WB, I won't do it. Also, is the timing done like ours?
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
steverife

Post by steverife »

I plan on being there for the autocross. I hear the surface is good, but I haven't seen it firsthand. I'm on 80-something run Victos, so I'm not really concerned either way. :D
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I didn't think the surface was that bad. It was old, but not "pebbly" like WB. Those pebbles kinda act like sandpaper
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
vicrola

PCA AUTOCROSS

Post by vicrola »

:P I am pleased to reply to those questioning the surface in Rockwood...Was there Sunday to do a preliminary course layout. The surface is smooth, and not granular. As a matter of fact, the only areas where there is even any sign of granulation is cvlose to the two drain areas, and we'll distance ourselves from them. the site is 325' x 625'...not too shabby.

REMINDER THEN...03.19/20 Autocross school and Sunday autocross. Pre-registartion NOT required, but either email me at vicrola@knology.net, or call me on my cell @ 207.4303.

Vic Rola
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

bump-a-roo.

Hey, Harp, we gonna head out together, with us being Loudon-ites and all? :)
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Where in this place at? Is it near Knoxville, Nashville, Morristown???
I might be interested in going. My car will be at the Tour with Robert. Anybody want a co-driver? If not I guess I will bring the Supercharger Miata with some 15 factory wheels so I will not rub. :lol:
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
Brian

Post by Brian »

I think it's out near Kingston. Directions are here: http://www.pca.org/smt/smt_coming_events.shtml
Brian Hatten
AS 92
'11 CaymanS
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Thanks
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

TonyBolton wrote:bump-a-roo.

I'm not down that way too much anymore. I'll be leaving from west knoxville on sunday morning.....but if you don't know where it's at, I'll meet you at the meeting place off the LC/Oakridge exit of 40, so you can follow me.
Chris Harp
TonyBolton

Post by TonyBolton »

Thats cool.......fairly sure I can find it, lotsa people I work with go/have been there. They said if I can't find it, I don't need to be racing anything with 4wheels anyway. :)
jared

Post by jared »

I40 west to Exit #348 Hwy 27. Head south on Hwy 27 about 3 miles and it is on your left.

Also if someone could get the contact info on the lot from the PCA please do so. We tried to get that lot about two years ago and they would not do it. It should be a good lot.
Jared Suter
HS #54
89 Civic Si
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

We've spoken to PCA about it and may be able to use it in the future, but we don't want to step on their (PCA's) toes... they did find it first. Hopefully they'll schedule a bunch of events and we'll have even more local events to practice at.
- Dave Disney
steverife

Post by steverife »

thrdeye wrote:

I'm not down that way too much anymore. I'll be leaving from west knoxville on sunday morning.....but if you don't know where it's at, I'll meet you at the meeting place off the LC/Oakridge exit of 40, so you can follow me.
If I can't get NCAA tourney tickets for Nashville, I'd like to follow you out there. That is off the beaten path for me.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

not cbring wrote:
thrdeye wrote:

If I can't get NCAA tourney tickets for Nashville, I'd like to follow you out there. That is off the beaten path for me.
Call me if you need to follow. 556-5206
Chris Harp