Veloce Top Times

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Challenger

Re: Veloce Top Times

Post by Challenger »

I think we're going to go down tomorrow morning with the kids for their black friday discount. Hopefully that won't be a crowded mistake.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

I took my niece and nephews there while in town for Christmas and I was extremely disappointed with the service. The carts themselves were fun, but they lost our names in the system and took almost 90 minutes to finally get us in a cart. Trying to entertain 4 kids between 6-10 years old while talking to management was a challenge. Their manager did not bend over to fix the issue, nor would he assist the single person at the front even with a line out the door. Overall, I left really disappointed, which was disappointing in itself, as I was really looking forward to driving them and making it a regular place to go.
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

They have been extremely busy. Last time I was there, they had a 2.5 hour wait.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Pewter Sonoma

Post by Pewter Sonoma »

MARKP wrote:They have been extremely busy. Last time I was there, they had a 2.5 hour wait.
When we were in line to pay, they said it would we would be about 3 races away. After 7 or 8, we said something to management; they couldn't find our name and it took 2 more races before we got fit in. Thus we watched 10 other races go before we got behind the wheel when we were told it would be ~30 minutes.
2011 ETR SCCA never made it to an event Champion
2001 Camaro SS Convertible - LS1, 6-speed, GMPP HotCam, Full Exhaust, Konis, Springs, Sways, Roll Cage, Wilwood Brakes.
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I dont understand how they're staying so busy, the karts are garbage now - massive understeer and nearly a second slower than they were when they opened, and the management/employees are not the sharpest tools in the shed. I haven't been in a while.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

They did put new tires on and the karts are better than before Christmas. I'm still a little off my fast time there but I haven't really had a good run there this year. I also think the track is changing. I have noticed more grip if you get offline so I think the concrete is getting polished.

Oh, and unless they have fixed it, #12 is bent, bad. I think it's the one Lin tried to kill me with. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
steverife

Post by steverife »

Jed and I bought a crap ton of gift cards, so we've been going when we can and will continue to do so. I feel like the management/workers have been super nice to us, but we have gone a lot. The people that work there are starting to rip off fast times again, but if you click their names on the pro skill page, they are all going fast in Kart 2. Somebody got a 24.8 the other day.

The karts are just super inconsistent. Last time we went, I got a faster kart and Jed got flagged for me. I think I was a 25.6 and he was a 26.2 or something. Next race we get opposite karts and pretty much switched times, he was a lower 25.6 and I was a 26.1, I think. Then we ran 1 race and both got duds and were in the high 27's.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

that makes me want to return even less - that really sucks
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I've started to have more fun when I just look at it as something social to do and a way to stay sharp. The driving dynamics aren't unlike the Spyder, so that helps too.

...but yeah.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

steverife wrote:I've started to have more fun when I just look at it as something social to do and a way to stay sharp. The driving dynamics aren't unlike the Spyder, so that helps too.

...but yeah.
Yep, unless I get a bent kart, it's fun either way to go race with friends.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
TNcoupe

Post by TNcoupe »

Ive been a few times and ran a low 25 sec lap but dont remember exact time. I did realize if you get there right when they open the karts are significantly faster because theyve been on charge all night.
2015 Mustang GT
2016 Focus ST1
1964 Fairlane with 427W
1955 Thunderbird