Post by benk »

Thabks I'll add that in presently.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
steverife

Re: Veloce Top Times

Post by steverife »

It is starting to seem like the people that go a lot are starting to slow down. I'm a little worried about what is going to happen to the surface and the karts down the road.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I talked to the kid who seems to kind of run the show - said they've gotten quotes to have the concrete smoothed out. Most of the karts I've driven seemed okay, but I was in #05 in race one last night and I was over a half second off my usual pace... kart was rattling, had no grip, front left tire was worn down past the wear indicators. They need to step up the R&R on the karts at night.

Even #19, which I've turned a 24.9 in before, felt like garbage. I'd say all the karts are getting down toward the end of the tire wear cycles before replacement - first time I've tagged walls exiting corners, none of the karts would turn. He also mentioned that they were going through tires faster than they should be.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

#19 is the worst one I've driven. I liked #5, but thinking back, I was pushing on lefthanders and banging the curbing stuff on righthanders.

One adjustment that I've yet to learn to make is how most of the karts turn left and right very differently.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
flier129

Post by flier129 »

I can't remember the kart numbers at all, but there are huge differences between some of them.

Also, lesson learned. If the dude doing the flags points a traffic flag at you, let whoever is behind you by. Whether you know you're faster or even if you want to run together. I had my power cut multiple times with Lucas behind me, enough to where he was bumping me down the straight and right before corner entry. Ended up ruining both of our sessions :-(
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

Yeah, I'm not convinced he cut the power but my kart was way, way faster regardless. I don't believe their spiel that the karts are all the same speed and just handle differently.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
flier129

Post by flier129 »

I could feel it accelerate differently between 2-3 laps on the same sections. He definitely cut the power at some point....a few times, but maybe that kart was just almost dead?

I had fun lapping around with Cody and Lucas right near me though. Cody probably didn't thought :lol:
steverife

Post by steverife »

If you bump someone or get bumped, it does cut power. I confirmed that on corner exit for every turn for about 4 consecutive laps last night.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
flier129

Post by flier129 »

steverife wrote:If you bump someone or get bumped, it does cut power. I confirmed that on corner exit for every turn for about 4 consecutive laps last night.
Really, that's weird! What if you bump the inside of the wall?

I kinda want to go back to test these things :lol:
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

4 carts mysteriously "woke up" (performance) in the middle (4 or 5 laps in) of a race last weekend that Pilson + I were involved in - the other two guys in the race recognized it too.

The kids running the place denied that it happened or was even possible.

I don't think we bothered to ask about the employee's "buddy" who passed Pilson in the straight like he was sitting still during an earlier race.

Count me as not particularly impressed...
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
steverife

Post by steverife »

flier129 wrote:
steverife wrote:If you bump someone or get bumped, it does cut power. I confirmed that on corner exit for every turn for about 4 consecutive laps last night.
Really, that's weird! What if you bump the inside of the wall?

I kinda want to go back to test these things :lol:
I cut the corner in the S leading into the big run and missed to the right by about 18 inches and it didn't cut.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

I wanna be on the list! :rockon:

Marcus and James are here as well but they are already on the list.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

flier129 wrote: I had fun lapping around with Cody and Lucas right near me though. Cody probably didn't thought :lol:
I was thinking back yesterday, since my shoulder is still sore as shit and constantly reminding me but, Lucas hit me hard enough to crack open the visor on my helmet.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Lin is more brutal than that. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

Several of us went last night. Lots of regulars seemed to run throughout the day and people just can't touch the times they were getting....

http://visknoxville.clubspeedtiming.com ... spx?days=1

Don't know about the karts themselves (I got a dud for my last race), but the tires are definitely going away. Lucas had a kart with a huge corded spot on the DR and we actually watched a girl have a tire pop in another race. Watching people drive straight into the wall in other races was probably more fun than the driving...

With all that said, I still think this will make me a better autocrosser and there really isn't much that I'd rather do on a weeknight to break up my week, so I'll be buying some giftcards.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97