Atlanta National Tour and Pro Solo: Who is going?

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
steverife

Atlanta National Tour and Pro Solo: Who is going?

Post by steverife »

National Tour on April 9th and 10th.
Pro Solo the following weekend (April 16th and 17th).

I expect all of our regular national event guys to be there. Any other non-regulars planning on making one or both events?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I'll be there driving something.

BTW, anyone that wants to go needs to go ahead and get their entries in. I would say this will be a popular event and you might end up on a waiting list if you don't sign up early. If you need the entry form you can download it here: http://www.scca.org/_Filelibrary/File/N ... ryform.pdf

These events are a lot of fun. The Pro Solos are my favorite. Don't let the name make you think these events are only for "pros". They are for anyone that wants to go. This would be a good short drive down the road for anyone that wants a taste of a nationally run event with national style courses.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I will be there at both!
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
steverife

Post by steverife »

I figured more people'd be interested in this.

Harp, Gebbia, Blanton, JW, Tyler? I know you guys aren't opposed to traveling to an autocross.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

not cbring wrote:I figured more people'd be interested in this.

Harp, Gebbia, Blanton, JW, Tyler? I know you guys aren't opposed to traveling to an autocross.
I would like to go, as I like that site alot, but I have to see how much cash I would have at the time..... If I can do the weekend for about $100, I could probably do it.

edit: heh - the entry fee alone is $73 add hotel, food, gas. It will be probably too expensive, but I'll see.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

thrdeye wrote:

I would like to go, as I like that site alot, but I have to see how much cash I would have at the time..... If I can do the weekend for about $100, I could probably do it.

edit: heh - the entry fee alone is $73 add hotel, food, gas. It will be probably too expensive, but I'll see.
If interested, we might be able to work out some sort of co-drive in exchange for future co-drive deal. I've got a trailer and hitch now, so you wouldn't even have to ride with your knees in the dash.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

not cbring wrote:
thrdeye wrote:

If interested, we might be able to work out some sort of co-drive in exchange for future co-drive deal. I've got a trailer and hitch now, so you wouldn't even have to ride with your knees in the dash.
Thanks for the offer, but it still seems like it would not be cheap. I still would have the same expenses except I wouldn't have to pay as much for gas. Unless I'm missing what you're saying......
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

I wouldn't ask for gas money. I'm driving down whether someone goes with me or not.

As far as the rest, yeah, probably won't be cheap. I think about money every time I sign up for an autocross, so I definitely understand when someone doesn't make a trip.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
gbwrx

Post by gbwrx »

Is the entry fee 73$ for both weekends?
2013 WRX
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

gbwrx wrote:Is the entry fee 73$ for both weekends?
$73 per weekend. Two days per weekend.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Dentspeed

Post by Dentspeed »

I'll be going to the ProSolo. If anyone wants to split a room, let me know . If you know of a good hotel in the area let me know too.
2010 MINI Cooper S, DS
Trey
TedV

Post by TedV »

I'm on the fence for the nat tour.... Pilson is trying to talk me into it. It would be good experience at a national level course. wonder how bad I'd get my buttt whooped :? ... only one way to find out 8)
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
JW

Post by JW »

Last edited by JW on Thu May 14, 2015 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
steverife

Post by steverife »

I'm finally on the entry list. I think they waited for my check to clear. :roll: Now I gotta track down my membership card. They cashed that check about a month ago.

Trey, I'm definitely interested in sharing a room with somebody.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

not cbring wrote:Now I gotta track down my membership card. They cashed that check about a month ago.
You definitely need to get that straightened out ASAP. They will check for membership cards and rulebooks at registration.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club