Just saying hello

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
WarRig

Just saying hello

Post by WarRig »

Hello everyone and thanks for accepting me!
Alex
WarRig

Re: Just saying hello

Post by WarRig »

Got couple questions when someone some free time... Thank you in advance.
Alex
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

You can email me at teametr@charter.net I'll be glad to take your questions.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Welcome! You can also post questions here on the message board. You are likely to get all sorts of answers. :-)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
WarRig

Post by WarRig »

Okay well I'll do both. Lol my wife's had a del sol in storage for couple years. Pulled her out to start getting her going again. She wants to set it up for auto cross. I'm a straight line guy so I got a lot to learn. I'm trying to find out rules and classes but tells me error once I click on handbook.. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you also is it okay to volunteer/watch til I get everything rolling?
Alex
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Current (draft) 2017 rulebook can be found here: http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/sc ... 1484174240

But that may be more work than asking where you want to compete - i.e. how much work is already done and do you want to do to the Del Sol?
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
WarRig

Post by WarRig »

The del sol is fully gutted has semi built gsr looking at suspension now atm has skunk2 pro series coilovers and looking for wheels I believe I read no over 8 inches for street class some where.
Alex
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Welcome!
WarRig wrote:The del sol is fully gutted has semi built gsr looking at suspension now atm has skunk2 pro series coilovers and looking for wheels I believe I read no over 8 inches for street class some where.
Could you elaborate on fully gutted? SCCA has some funky rules when it comes to interior bits.

Wheel width limits depends on the class, more importantly what kind of tires do you plan to run on the car?
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

With the interior out, you will automatically go to the Prepared or Modified category in the national rules. Basically full-blown race cars.

We have a local class called STM that is basically anything goes as long as you meet the safety rules and you are on 140 treadwear tires.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
WarRig

Post by WarRig »

Right now seats dash steering wheel all that's in it can put it all back in was preparing it for cage but she don't want drag car so just trying to get my legs under me here. I'm shooting to be ready for next season. I drive a truck but when I home I'll gladly help with events and other activities. Please just be patient with me while I pick your all's brains.
Alex
flier129

Post by flier129 »

WarRig wrote:Right now seats dash steering wheel all that's in it can put it all back in was preparing it for cage but she don't want drag car so just trying to get my legs under me here. I'm shooting to be ready for next season. I drive a truck but when I home I'll gladly help with events and other activities. Please just be patient with me while I pick your all's brains.
Like Mark mentioned, if you were to run it in STM you wouldn't have to worry about interior. It would just need to be on "street tires"; 200TW (treadwear) or higher tires is the common rating today.

Feel free to pick our brains, that's part of the purpose for this forum.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
TedV

Post by TedV »

So you want to build the car to an SCCA class to be competitive - run national events, or do you want to build the car however you want and only run local?

If you put the carpet back in you could run SMF, Street Mod Front wheel drive. However, DelSol isn't the most stiff chassis. Engine swaps by manufacturer are allowed in SMF, I think Acura and Honda are thought of as the same.. I think.. I hope..

If you want to build it however and have fun, STM is the local class for you.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
WarRig

Post by WarRig »

I'd want to build to a scca class to be competitive. So it's on her not so much who's pocket the deepest.
Alex
WarRig

Post by WarRig »

I can put back completely stock except motor swap would that create a problem?
Alex
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

WarRig wrote:I can put back completely stock except motor swap would that create a problem?
That would be Street Mod Front Wheel Drive. Locally, you could probably do okay, but that class runs hoosiers as the tire and a full build would be 5 figures.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3