Daniel Monroe Lyle

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
whenry

Daniel Monroe Lyle

Post by whenry »

I am sorry to report that long time ETR member Roe Lyle has died unexpectedly. I dont know much about the situation but Berry Funeral Home is handling the funeral. Roe was active for many years as corner worker, chief of drivers licensing and racer of the Green Bean.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
John Brown

Re: Daniel Monroe Lyle

Post by John Brown »

omg... :(

Roe was a great guy.. easy going as they come. I have many memories with him.. at club meetings.. at Road At.. especially the time he rounded turn 12... and his wheels fell off! lol!
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
TedV

Post by TedV »

What?? Nooo!! Never knew where I'd run into Roe. Race tracks, vintage bikes, concerts. Yup, plenty of stories. I was there to swap tires in the aftermath when the F'n wheel F'n fell off. Tis a sad day. :(
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
whenry

Post by whenry »

Roe never let anything get in the way of enjoying life. Probably a lesson for all of us in that . I hadnt seen him in several years but he would have been one of the last of ETR members I would have predicted to die so soon. Guess us oldtimers will have to get used to this.
Wayne Henry
East Tenn Region, SCCA
2006 MX-5 Limited
the rest of the garage:
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1996 Toyota 4runner
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

What?! So sad. Roe was a great guy and really helped out with ETR events when he was autocrossing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Andy Lyle

Post by Andy Lyle »

I apologize for the odd formating on my email from late last night. Here is the message again with better formatting:

My name is Andy Lyle. I am a cousin of Daniel "Roe" Lyle who is a former member of the East Tennessee SCCA. I am also the wife of Gary McGhee , another former member of the club. Gary and Roe were both very active in the local club during the 1980's and into the 1990's with many trips to tue runoffs at Road Atlanata and later Mid-Ohio. I joined your site just now in order to get a message to the club about my cousin's passing.

Racing was very important to Roe (as we always called him). I went out to the website and forum today to see if anyone had heard and saw that several had commented.

To answer someone's comment about not really knowing what happened, my cousin had a massive heart attach while at work on Friday afternoon. It happened so quickly that he never knew what happened. He was outside working on the grounds at Woodlawn, doing what he enjoyed doing the most, next to driving in a race.

The funeral will be [today, Wednesday, 9/20] from 6 to 8 pnm for the receiving of Friends at New Prospect Presbyterian Church in South Knoxville. The gravesite service will be on Thursday at 1 pm at Woodlawn Cemetary. If anyone in the club would like to get a message to the family, I would be pleased to deliver it.

Andrea "Andy" Lyle
loopsandlooms@gmail.com
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Andy,

Thank you for joining and adding the information. I attended on Wednesday night but, unfortunately, I did not get a chance to meet you. I hope the notes that everyone wrote about stories with Roe will be some comfort to you and the rest of the family. Roe was truly one of a kind. We will miss him.

Sincerely,
Mark Pilson
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story