Veloce Has Closed.

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
TedV

Re: Veloce Has Closed.

Post by TedV »

eunos735 wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:05 am The last time we were at the same event, I beat you by like 4 ths.
Looks like last time was Adesa where I broke on my second run. So one and done I got you by .8. :P

Randal did get me at the Bristol match tour. But I got you in the 3 second range.

"Karts all the same" yeah, right.. just watch them and you can see the consistent slow ones.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

The secret is to go often enough and be fast enough to get to be friends with the people that work there. Then go when it is dead.

...and if it looks crowded or whatever, just go have a couple beers or get some food at Ale House or whatever, then try again next time.

I had a blast and will miss the place a lot. I think it helped my autocross, too.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

I just don't get crapping on the place.

You can either...
a) Go karting or not go karting
b) Not go karting

I can't really see how A isn't the better option. It is the same as B, but with the option to go karting.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TedV

Post by TedV »

One session on their kart cost me a tire for my kart. The best thing to improve my kart times was seat time in my kart while learning from other KM karters.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I think that Rife has a good outlook on things.

But I think that Veloce suffered because it was A)Too serious/crowded for a casual participant while B)Not being serious/fast enough for the higher level drivers.

I thought it was fun, but the course sucked. Also, screw the wait times.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

steverife wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:54 am
The secret is to go often enough and be fast enough to get to be friends with the people that work there.
Teufelshund wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:44 am
But the kid manning the kart station said they're all the same... :lol:

When I figured out for a fact they were turning karts up + down to help their buddies ratings / rankings / times...

It was the end of me going there.

Not the kind of buddies I care to make - all I wanted was a fair race...
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

John Brown wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:17 am nothing is more agitating than gettin in a slow ass car..while err body else blisters yo azz.... happens err time at karting.
This. The inconsistency between karts (probably battery charge level and tire condition more than anything) made it pretty pointless to try to have any meaningful competition.

Good riddance IMO. Maybe someone can capitalize on the space with a better business model.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Open wheel tony karts with Honda power on propane. Might pay a bit more but after fifteen minutes you want to get off. And trust me when some punk kid rams the back of your kart you move over and just smile until the repayment is made.
Bob Colbert