Pic/Video Request: Old Augusta International Raceway

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Wheelman_13

Pic/Video Request: Old Augusta International Raceway

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Hi folks,

Do any of our veteran members have video/photos from the now closed/built-over Augusta International Raceway? If so I'd like to borrow/license them to digitize (if needed) and use on YouTube alongside my own content.

Please let me know on here, or drop me a note on Facebook. The only need is that it's not copywritten by ESPN or Speed or whoever would be inclined to sue me for using it. If it's on VHS or needs to be scanned, I can also provide you a digital copy as thanks.

-Richard
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
joe henslee

Re: Pic/Video Request: Old Augusta International Raceway

Post by joe henslee »

I was unaware of this track and history. Looks as if it operated from 1963 to 1969. History I found showed the likes of Fireball Roberts, Fred Lorezen, Petty and others racing there. I watched some of those drivers on television in the early-mid sixty's. Started autocrossing in 67' but did not gain exposure to road racing personally until mid-seventies. Thank you for your post request and introduction to some new to me racing history from our area.
Joe Henslee
Henslee Scorpion 2.0L Ford BSR-U2 CanAm (vintage) / Prototype 2 (SCCA) / BM(Solo)
Zink Z10 FF / CF (SCCA &vintage) / CM(Solo)
Reynard SF-84 2.0L Ford, Formula Continental FC / CFC (SCCA) / Formula Libre' (vintage)
USDRRT on eBay ....
Wheelman_13

Re: Pic/Video Request: Old Augusta International Raceway

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Yeah, I had no idea it was there until I took it upon myself to map every road course in the world (only U.S. and Canada actually done so far).

Given it's age, it seems I'm unlikely to find any in-car video of any kind, but it seems there is a historic society so maybe I'll give them a yell.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld