Help Wanted At The Race Track

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
TARacer64

Help Wanted At The Race Track

Post by TARacer64 »

Appalachian Race Tire is looking for both full time and temporary additions to our at track tire service team. We provide tire changing service at all of the SCCA National & Regional Road Race events in addition to NASA, HSR, SVRA, and PCA events in the South East United States. Must be 21 or older, able to travel out of state with the service team, and be able lift 50lbs. Class A CDL or permit is a plus. Compensation is daily pay plus per diem based on experience and qualifications. If interested, please e-mail resume to jmrmotorsportsconsulting@gmail.com
Teufelshund

Re: Help Wanted At The Race Track

Post by Teufelshund »

I know the schedule varies widely, but can you give an approximation of what a race weekend schedule might look like?
Brian Robbins
XP 45
TedV

Post by TedV »

Depends what track the event is at. Service area is from Summit Point to Homestead-Miami Speedway and West to Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham with everything between.

General weekend would be: leave Maryville Thursday in time to park the rig at the track Thursday evening. Set up canopy, tire machines and balancer either Thursday evening or Friday morning for the test day. Usually there is a test day but occasionally not. Tire work happens Friday and Saturday morning to evening. Sunday do some last minute work for their race day in the morning. Once the races start, drivers best have what tires they want to run so it's time to pack up the equipment, used tires and head back home. Usually late morning to noonish to be able to get back to Maryville Sunday evening.

Attention to detail and care in the quality of work performed is needed. Actually critical. Think of the effort and cost drivers have put forth to race. Something as simple as a $2 valve stem can ruin their day especially at race speeds.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

I hope to be able to work a race at some point, but it's not looking good for this year.
Brian Robbins
XP 45