My experience with CARVANA

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
thrdeye

My experience with CARVANA

Post by thrdeye »

This is going to sound like an advertisement, but hopefully it helps someone. I'm really only taking the time to post because many "traditional" car dealers still annoy me in the way that they tend to do things.

So, as some of you know, I posted my truck for sale several weeks ago. I hit some forums and FB marketplace. Only got one real response, and it was just a tire kicker that offer $19k and change.

Anyway, I had heard about Carvana, but didn't really realize they would buy cars. I put all the info (which they verify real-time via VIN or license plate number), condition, and miles into their system and got a real offer in minutes, complete with a breakdown video of how they got the number, and it was pretty dang good. Not as much as what I was asking private party, of course, but not far off. They beat CarMax by $1,000. We decided to take it.

Pretty much the entire time, I was thinking "no way it's this easy."

Next steps were to upload pics of our registration, our driver's licenses, and the 10 day payoff document. Pretty easy. They don't ask for pictures of the car or anything like that. After they take some time to get everything in order, they email you to schedule the pickup of the car.

We met them at home, I cleaned out the tuck and got my brake controller and hitch off. They drove the truck for about 5 mins, then we signed the paperwork. They gave us a check for the equity we had in the truck, and they paid off CarMax, which happened today.

Obviously, my truck was in good shape, so there were no concerns regarding misrepresenting the condition. On something older with multiple small issues or high miles, it might be hard to get a good price. But if it's something in good shape with low miles, try selling on carvana first. It only takes a few minutes.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
RxCritical

Re: My experience with CARVANA

Post by RxCritical »

What's your cut?

:D
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

RxCritical wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:10 pm What's your cut?

They said I get as many codrives in JB's Challenger as I wanted....and he buys the tarz. :D
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

thrdeye wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:12 pm
RxCritical wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:10 pm What's your cut?

They said I get as many codrives in JB's Challenger as I wanted....and he buys the tarz. :D
Awesome!
Does JB know?
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

do whut?
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004