Covid 19

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
RxCritical

Covid 19

Post by RxCritical »

The Board wants everyone to know that although at this time we are not canceling any events we will continue to monitor the situation as it develops. Our events by nature are relatively small with few spectators but we encourage members to evaluate their own situation and make appropriate decisions for themselves.

We would also ask that if you have registered for a event but choose not to attend for any reason please unregister on MSR so that we may accurately know attendance.

Thanks for your help and understanding in this. We will update the forum as appropriate.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
oldmuscle69

Re: Covid 19

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Groups of less than ten. We pretty much done. Why fuckup when you can be healthy. It only takes one to get ya sick. Work, gas station, grocery store ect.. more so after we all froze our ass off at last event then found one from up there from that county was effected. Ya'll think about it.
Bob Colbert
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

I'm sure the board has been discussing the issue. It only makes sense to discuss it and make the best decision with all the information available.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

with everyone on "lockdown" supposedly... I'm shocked how quiet this forum is... I figured people would be wanting to at least bench race or talk about what they are doing while things are going on.

Me - work hasn't changed for me... in fact we're busier than before. I've been working from home ever since i took the new job in August so nothing's 'new' to me except Kim now works from home as well for the foreseeable future.
I've got everything I CAN do to the car right now done and since the plan was to sell the car this spring, I'm not dumping a bunch more in it. Of course, with all the changes in our lives now... who knows.

Been working on a ton of outside projects. Working on the yard, and re-doing the pond in the back yard. Been trying to help local places out by shopping there ( bought TONS of big rocks this weekend ) and finished our pergola swing by the pond.

How is everyone else doing? Do we have any local people that need help?
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

work as usual for me too... just a lot cleaner. lol

As for the Dodge.. not even unloaded from Dixie. However, I'm kinda glad the events got nixed for now.. it gives me plenty of time to do my "Pro-Solo" up grades.. delrin rear sub frame bushings and a carbon fiber driveshaft. Hopefully along with a few more pounds coming off next week.
It's gonna be a good year!
Hope err bodies safe and sound from the "V" !
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Work as usual for me as well and no changes to the car as Berry seems to like it the way it is, I will need to get an alignment done by Wonderboy Wayne down at JB's place of work. I have ordered fiberglass doors and may go all out with the dash and rear trunk lid to get the car below 3500 pounds as the doors cut 150 pounds and the dash 70 pounds and the rear trunk lid 24 pounds. I have a drive shaft that would cut 26 pounds but not sure we want the spin up on the revs much faster than it is now.... JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

yeaaaa.. I figger a bunch O Mustangs gonna be goin on Jenny Craig this year. :lol:

but, after that Dixie beat-down your car gave us... I dont think you need to lose any weight. :mrgreen:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

The only real difference for me is not being able to teach and practice taekwondo at the dojang now. And having everyone here all the time.

Went to the kart track to let Kieran beat on the kart and he did - to the tune of three bent tie rods and two bent tie rod ends. New rods coming this week by snail-mail so that will all get replaced (again) this weekend. I'm just hoping we can have Spring Nats at this point...
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Work as usual here. Just split shifts and lots of cleaning. Im really digging the 6am-230 shift, may try and stick with it after this blows over. Getting up at 430am sucks, but having a whole day is worth it. Brian, any idea how much youd want for the vette? :D
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

10 Gillizion dollars for the vette...
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Yes... I have 1 person in PA that is interested but I've not hit him up right now with everything going on. Once things clear up and we have a better idea of what's going on I will see if he's still a player. I know he's selling a BRZ/FRS thing 1st.

Here's what you get for the money.

2002 Z06 with 115K miles.
Transmission out of 2003 Z which had 30K on it ( have put maybe 6K miles on it since replaced)
2 sets of A7s
extra set of wheels, plus 2 extra fronts ( have 2 17" Z06 wheels and 2 18" c5 base rears )
OEM titanium exhuast
3 sway bars - OEM, original addco "Strano bar" and a big hotchkiss adjustable bar.
Koni SA shocks
tire trailer

Recent upgrades
new radiator ($200)
Oil catch can ($180)
repaired the HVAC controller ( dim display and burned out button lights) $120

Danny Popp did all the orginal work on the car when the transmission needed done. Totalled $7k in repairs in 2015. Only did 12 events since then.
Rebuilt Diff, Torque Tube, new rear main seal, new clutch/flywheel, oil pressure sensor, new clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder, remote clutch bleeder kit.
New AC compressor in 2016 with new serpentine belt
All autocross parts bought from Sam.

Car is 100% built for the limits of AS/SSR. The only thing to lighten it would be stock exhuast back on and get rid of the hitch.

Asking $15000 for everything and don't want to go lower. Was originally asking 15-16.

Won't post anymore on here, since this is not the classified section... but if anyone is interested or knows someone...
Z06autocrosser at gmail.com
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

That's a good price for the fastest C5 in SSR last year. [emoji6]

Working from home these days. Still busy and little progress on vehicles. Put polyurethane motor mounts in the Focus last weekend. The change in NVH is, uhh, impressive. Might try changing one back to stock.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Looks like after work today I'll be putting the hitch back in the truck... after almost 4 months, Camping world has our camper fixed....
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Doing some iRacing. So is Michelle. Fun watching her starting get the hang of it. Contemplating a video card upgrade. Time flies. Looked at my newegg orders and it's been 4 years since I switched to an intel/nvidia chipset from the AMD stuff.

Otherwise, dealing with mom's stuff. She needs to have a surgery, and it's necessary, but can wait a little while. It blew my mind that they still wanted to evaluate her yesterday to see how long they can push it out. Seems like if you're getting her out of the nursing home during this, go ahead and do the surgery.

Also working from home and trying not to eat/drink too much. We're IF-ing our way through this to try to help with the eating part. Hockey was a big calorie burner for me - about 1,000 per game. So with that gone, I've had to change strategy.

Hope everyone and their families are well.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Work as usual, just having to alternate staying home with my wife since our daycare has been shut down for two weeks and my parents can't watch the little one.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3