Event 12 information

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Ian Wilson

Event 12 information

Post by Ian Wilson »

Hi, I have a few questions about this event.

The location is listed as Roan County plaza on the SCCA website, but no location is listed on the ETR site. Could someone clear this up for me and if possible give me an exact address?

Secondly can I enter - I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) currently working in The Netherlands. I'm moving back to NZ in November and have decided to ship my car to the States and drive across to the West coast before shipping it the rest of the way home. I'd like to include a few autocross events on the way across if possible. The event on the 13th of Nov. may fit in with my schedule (car is due to land in Jacksonville on the 9th of Nov).

The car is an S1 Lotus Elise with a non-standard engine and upgraded suspension, brakes etc, but will be on road tires. What class would the car go into?

For anyone interested here's a pic of the car and a few video's of the car in action.

AutoX in Holland. 19meg

Sparring with another Elise on track. 40meg

And finally a little moment. 2.8meg

Hope to see you there.
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Welcome, we would be glad to have you.

Evidently you saw our listing on the SCCA national web site. Rockwood and Roan County Plaza are one in the same.

For directions, go to our local site http://www.etrscca.org/
and follow the links. The schedule and links to directions are on http://www.etrscca.org/soloii/schedule.html

Normally your car in stock form would be classed in SS (super stock).
However, what do you mean non-standard engine? Different engine or one that has been modified internally would put it in EM (DM if it weighs less than 1700 lbs.) or possibly some prepared class. In either case, you would be in a one car class. Let us know what has been done to the car and we will get it classed.

You can look around our recent results and get an idea of cars that generally show up at our events.

:lol: Again, welcome. If you are looking for good places to drive, the Dragon is close to us. http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ Let us know more about your trip, and we probably can make some suggestions about route and accomodations.

Scott
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Ian -

I think you would find it helpful if someone familiar with ETR were to co-drive your car. That being said I would like to volunteer for that duty! I'll drive up from Atlanta for it. :lol: :wink: :D
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Ian, he is joking. :lol:

We are a fun loving bunch of car nuts.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Ian Wilson

Post by Ian Wilson »

Thanks for the info. The engine is different as in it's a Honda now as opposed to the original Rover. The car weights approx 1,800 pounds.

Am I right in assuming a class of one means it will just be me in the class... :cry:

Already got the Tail of the Dragon penned in :D I've been told the Barber Motorsport Museum in Birmingham, AL is also worth a visit.

The current route looks something like this

4 is Rockwood and 8 is an AutoX being held by the Mississipi chapter on the 19th of Nov.
Ian Wilson

Post by Ian Wilson »

mrsoul55 wrote:Ian -

I think you would find it helpful if someone familiar with ETR were to co-drive your car. That being said I would like to volunteer for that duty! I'll drive up from Atlanta for it. :lol: :wink: :D
Joking aside - I don't have a problem with someone else having a go with it...

As long as you don't beat my time :lol:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I would absolutely LOVE to drive an Elise.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

thrdeye wrote:I would absolutely LOVE to drive an Elise.
I volunteered first!

I'll pay your entry fee if I co-drive, Ian. And I won't beat your time.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
Ian Wilson

Post by Ian Wilson »

mrsoul55 wrote:
I volunteered first!

Sold to the man with the credit card :lol:

This is an S1 Elise, a very rare bird in the US since it was never sold there. It's regarded as the hard core version of the Elise, since Lotus never figured it would appeal to the wider market. The subsequent S2 Elise as sold in the US was made more user friendly with more creature comforts, more weight and the geo settings were toned right down to stop drivers throwing them into hedges :lol: So for anyone that wants to have a go you have been warned!

In saying that the S2 can be fun - one of the best car shows in the UK is Top Gear, have a look at the Exige (hardtop version of the Elise) vs. The Apache helicopter video here the Toyota Hilux video is also one of the all time best.
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Ian Wilson wrote:
mrsoul55 wrote:
I volunteered first!

Sold to the man with the credit card :lol:

This is an S1 Elise, a very rare bird in the US since it was never sold there. It's regarded as the hard core version of the Elise, since Lotus never figured it would appeal to the wider market. The subsequent S2 Elise as sold in the US was made more user friendly with more creature comforts, more weight and the geo settings were toned right down to stop drivers throwing them into hedges :lol: So for anyone that wants to have a go you have been warned!

In saying that the S2 can be fun - one of the best car shows in the UK is Top Gear, have a look at the Exige (hardtop version of the Elise) vs. The Apache helicopter video here the Toyota Hilux video is also one of the all time best.
Sweet! This is for the October 16 event - correct?
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

So I think that is an EM car. You can run in the Pro indexed class and have competition. Pro doesn't really mean professional, just some of the better drivers running in a class where their times are indexed according to the class car they are driving. For instance, your time in EM would be multiplied by .886 and a GS car like a Mini Cooper S's time would be multiplied by .782.

We do have class winners but all times get indexed and posted on the web site, so in the end you can see how you did against everyone.

You could run in EM. It is unlikely that anyone else will be in EM and you can win one of our T-shirts. Or run in pro and we might give you one anyway just for coming from so far away. BTW, we have some top national drivers that run Pro. I am not one of them!!!!
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
Ian Wilson

Post by Ian Wilson »

Nope the 13th of Nov...
Ian Wilson

Post by Ian Wilson »

scottgib wrote:So I think that is an EM car. You can run in the Pro indexed class and have competition. Pro doesn't really mean professional, just some of the better drivers running in a class where their times are indexed according to the class car they are driving. For instance, your time in EM would be multiplied by .886 and a GS car like a Mini Cooper S's time would be multiplied by .782.

We do have class winners but all times get indexed and posted on the web site, so in the end you can see how you did against everyone.

You could run in EM. It is unlikely that anyone else will be in EM and you can win one of our T-shirts. Or run in pro and we might give you one anyway just for coming from so far away. BTW, we have some top national drivers that run Pro. I am not one of them!!!!
Cheers, I would prefer to run in a class with more than 1 competitor, but I would not want to gain an advantage by being classed inappropriately. I have done a few AutoX's in my time so have no problem being in the Pro class esp. if that means there'll be some competition, although having road tires will kill me I think. But if there's a Tee-shirt going for furthest travelled, I'd wear it with pride when I do battle with Mississippi and California :lol:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

heck, I don't think anyone in SM is gonna care if you run there.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

Ian Wilson wrote:
scottgib wrote:So I think that is an EM car. You can run in the Pro indexed class and have competition. Pro doesn't really mean professional, just some of the better drivers running in a class where their times are indexed according to the class car they are driving. For instance, your time in EM would be multiplied by .886 and a GS car like a Mini Cooper S's time would be multiplied by .782.

Cheers, I would prefer to run in a class with more than 1 competitor, but I would not want to gain an advantage by being classed inappropriately. I have done a few AutoX's in my time so have no problem being in the Pro class esp. if that means there'll be some competition, although having road tires will kill me I think. But if there's a Tee-shirt going for furthest travelled, I'd wear it with pride when I do battle with Mississippi and California :lol:
I'll be in whatever class you run, Ian. Unless it's Pro.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96