Event 12 information

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

I got my 1st license in Indiana and we had an actual trip on the road. It took about 25 minutes from what I remember. I didn't have to parallel park though and I've rarely had to since then. Must be why I'm no good at it.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
steverife

Post by steverife »

Steve-o wrote:I know a young lady that pulled out of the old DMV between Clinton and Oak Ridge (it's at an intersection) and ran the red light 10 feet from the lot. They made her pull back in on the other side of the lot and failed her! :lol:
\

Yup. That's where I made my 32 point turn trying to back into that damn space.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Mustangracer wrote:I know about that DMV (I got my license there!) I'm sincerely suprised ne1 failed there since it's 4 right hand turns and maybe 2 stop signs.
4 right turns (on deserted roads), maybe two stop signs and 1 traffic light. That's the part she didn't understand.

BTW, who here has the oldest pic of themselves on their license?

Me: 6 years. Short hair for ROTC and 278th Op 72. Most people don't think it's me. (Those of you that have seen my hair now know what I'm talking about.)
Stephen Wilson

MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

not cbring wrote:
Steve-o wrote:I know a young lady that pulled out of the old DMV between Clinton and Oak Ridge (it's at an intersection) and ran the red light 10 feet from the lot. They made her pull back in on the other side of the lot and failed her! :lol:
\

:lol:
I got my license on that stretch, but I could've sworn it was not at an intersection back then...
Maybe they've moved it?
It's been since '86 or so... :oops:
I drove from the center to somewhere near the RR bridge going into O.R. then back to the center and parallel parked.
:)
Focus on FASTER!!!!
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

MichaelXi wrote:
not cbring wrote:
\

I got my license on that stretch, but I could've sworn it was not at an intersection back then...
Maybe they've moved it?
I drove from the center to somewhere near the RR bridge going into O.R. then back to the center and parallel parked.
I got my license at the same place, I remember thinking it was funny that I drove the car to get the license (myself) and nobody cared, hehe. I had to drive down to a church, turn around in the church parking lot, then drive back. Then for my motorcycle license, the DMV person just watched me from their parking lot as I made a circle through the little park across the street. whew :)...
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
steverife

Post by steverife »

MichaelXi wrote:
not cbring wrote:
\

Maybe they've moved it?
They put the stoplight up in the early 90's, maybe the late 80's. That's the same route I took, except substitute parking spacing of death for the parallel parking.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
mrsoul55

Post by mrsoul55 »

EliseAutoXr wrote: Then for my motorcycle license, the DMV person just watched me from their parking lot as I made a circle through the little park across the street. whew :)...
I got my motorcycle license by doing that Motorcycle Safety class over a 2.5 day period. They talked and talked about how if you dropped the bike on the final test day you wouldn't pass. And that you had to show that you could control the bike or you wouldn't pass. I was very surprised they passed these 2 older ladies who didn't look safe at all out in the lot. And these are on 150-200cc bikes that are more like glorified mopeds. They could barely hold them up. I was pretty comfortable on those bikes but then when I got my 750 pound 1100cc bike it was like I had to learn all over again.
'02 Civic Si
HS #96
Mustangracer

Post by Mustangracer »

Where's a good place (prefferably in OR) to take the Motorcycle safety course?
Randolph "Randy" Rawl
302 CID Mustang GT Convertible
NFS 420
MichaelXi

Post by MichaelXi »

Karns High School and Pellissippi State both do it.
Now back to Ian's story.
Focus on FASTER!!!!
Ian Wilson

Post by Ian Wilson »

Nice bit of thread drift! Anyway I don't know who it was I met in L.A from the Focus group, young guy with some professional looking camera gear. I thought he was an official photographer until he mentioned the connection.

I'm now just south of Auckland and I'm driving around in my old girl a 1979 TR7 convertible - not the most desirable of the TR's but I was young and naive when I bought it many years ago. I did one thing right which was installing a 3.5L Rover V8. The Elise should arrive sometime in early January.
thrdeye

Re: Event 12 information

Post by thrdeye »

Thought I'd bump this. One of the coolest threads in ETR history

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Re: Event 12 information

Post by MARKP »

That was a really cool deal. I was thinking about it just a little while ago.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story