Atlanta Pro-Solo

Discussion of anything that doesn't fall into the Solo II and RallyX Categories
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

You will get no less than 12 runs per person. Then if you are if first or possible second in you class the you advance to elimination. A pro solo is 2 courses that are exactly the same but one course you turn right and the other course tou turn left. You will run beside another car, most of the time someone in you class.
It looks like CSP is not going to make a class. I do not run SM2 and I still will have to run with the vettes. :)
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Curt, the tire warmer thing really doesn't work in a Pro Solo. The fastest driver ends up running first and on the cold tires. By the time the second driver usually gets to run, the tires are cold again.

The only time you end up running against another class is in the challenge, as Mark said. WHen you are in the challenge, it is like bracket racing. So if you line up against a 'vette, you get to leave first.

Mark, You might do fine in SM2 against the 'vettes. You will probably hook up better off the line and I would be willing to bet your car will corner better because of less weight. The frustrating thing will be the straights.

The first Pro Solo I attended was in Nashville and they were running all SP cars in an indexed class. I got to run heads up against Dean Sapp in an ASP Viper. My monster 90hp VW :twisted: hung with him until he shifted to second. :cry:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I was talking about BSP but I might run SM2 it all depends. Look whos in a RX 7 in SM2. That should be nice. He will leave me sitting. :lol:
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

Question for the ones that ran a Pro Solo event before. On Friday on the schedule they show Practice Starts. Does that just have something to do with the Christmas Tree or do they have a full practice course set up? :?
Last edited by ConeJunkie on Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am so good I will race you and only use one hand.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

ConeJunkie wrote:Question for the ones that ran a Pro Solo event before. On Friday on the schedule they show Practice Starts. Does that just have something to do with the Christmas Tree or are do they have a full practice course set up? :?
It is christmas tree only. You get to run first and second gear and that's it, no turns involved. It's good to make a few starts to get some rhythm but that's it.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

Thanks Mark.......
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Only 15 spaces left! If you want to go and haven't registered, you need to get online now! :shock:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

This is going to be the largest amount of competition I have ran against in STX to date. 8 total competitors, me and 7 WRX's. The biggest class is STS with 26 entered cars. Can't wait to next weekend.. :mrgreen:
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

You will never hear me say this again, so listen up.

I hope you beat the crap outta those wrx's

Is tom hoppe registered? I saw a thread on NABISCO where his WRX is in limp mode and it could be because of the speedo gear in the tranny.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

This will be a new experience for me too. I have never ran in a class larger that 11, 26 is unreal. And to top that I will be driving a FWD car. I will get owned but hopefully not finish last thanks to Doug.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
ConeJunkie

Post by ConeJunkie »

thrdeye wrote:You will never hear me say this again, so listen up.

I hope you beat the crap outta those wrx's

Is tom hoppe registered? I saw a thread on NABISCO where his WRX is in limp mode and it could be because of the speedo gear in the tranny.
Thanks for the words of encouragement.. :mrgreen: ...This is all the cars in STX :

Fehrman, Joel
King, Mike
Meduri, Joshua
Koradi, Reto
Hoppe, Tom
Wiese, Richard
Casey, Keith

I also think I saw on the SCCA forums that Tom's car is being co-driven. Any of those names jump out at you?
tscott

Post by tscott »

Joel is a pretty quick driver as is Tom Hoppe.
Tyler Scott
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Tyler, wasn't Mike King that guy that you spoke with down at the subie challenge that was really good? Don't remember what he drove
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

Kieth Casey is fast. He is the defending STX National Champion. You will be going against the best so this will help you see where you are in the class. You can do it Cliff. Hope that it does not rain.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote:Tyler, wasn't Mike King that guy that you spoke with down at the subie challenge that was really good? Don't remember what he drove
Yup, Mike King is fast. I think he placed 2nd in the Mazda Rev-it-up Challenge.
BTW, rain or not, Subies kick a## at Pro Solo starts. 60ft times are usually around 1.9. I think my car does about 2.2 or 2.3 if I remember correctly.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club